Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20620 Discussions

Intel Graphics Control Panel is not starting

MPéte1
Beginner

The new UWD driver is installed successfully, but the Control Panel is not starting.

I restared my computer multiple times, but no luck. I use Windows 10 Home operating system,

an my notebook use the Intel UHD 620.

I haven't got any problems with the old drivers.

0 Kudos
27 Replies
CMile1
Novice

Hahahaha, love how Intel and Microsoft can screw up something that used to be so simple.

I don't get it, what's the problem of including graphic panel in the driver ?!?! We've had it all these years !!

If Microsoft wants to add their version they can put it up on their store or include it in Windows update.

I don't have Microsoft Store, I use offline account and I have removed all Metro (cr)apps.

0 Kudos
r3un1on
New Contributor I

Hi Cile,

I think you got it wrong. Intel and Microsoft are doing the right thing. You do not need a Microsoft account for Windows 10 Store. Unless you want to buy something from there.

Control Panel comes automatically from Windows Update ... as soon as you install a DCH driver. ok now ... DCH drivers are mainly for industrial operating systems. Because on a windows server or workstation, control panel has to be installed separately. You can only run the control panel via icons on desktop or start menu.

If you want the control panel as usual with the driver together, you have to wait for the next driver.

Make sure that the driver name does not have a DCH entry

And as I've heard, a new intel graphic driver is coming soon. We have to be patient...

0 Kudos
CMile1
Novice

Thanks igpu,

That make sense, however I have not found anything about this driver being released only for industrial/server version of MS OS but let's hope you are right

0 Kudos
r3un1on
New Contributor I

Cile@

no Problem

DCH driver is not just for industry OS. That is for all Windows OS. Only difference is that the control panel is installed via windows update. So who has Windows Server 2012/2016 need the DCH Driver.

0 Kudos
CMile1
Novice

I hope you are right, I am eagerly awaiting the driver "for the rest of us" with graphic panel included..

0 Kudos
dublinman1990
Novice

Hi there OP. I had found the Intel Grpahics Control Panel from the Windows Store app in Ireland. I downloaded & installed the app onto my Toshiba Satellite laptop. I discovered that the app from here is only available for integrated touch displays. There is a problem with my device with it not having a touch display at all. It said from the minimum & recommend spec that this function was needed for the app to work on my device. I don't know how Intel distribute this app myself because I don't know if the app has the exact same requirements in every other country as well as from Ireland. I could only assume here that for now I am stuck in the same position as you OP. This is because I do not own a device with a touch display. I think we may have to wait & be patient until Intel can release it for the rest of us who don't have touch displays yet. If they release it; we may get an updated app from Intel in the Windows Store or receive the new drivers through the IDSA. This will allow us to have it working on our own personal devices afterwards. For now the only answer that I can tell you is do a wait & see approach with this stuff from Intel.

0 Kudos
LHodg
Novice

Same here. I got "Intel Graphics Control Panel" in latest Windows update. I launch it, it and it just dies immediately. No window even opens. What' s the point of it. What should it do? 🙂

0 Kudos