Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Intel Graphics Control Panel is not starting

The new UWD driver is installed successfully, but the Control Panel is not starting.

I restared my computer multiple times, but no luck. I use Windows 10 Home operating system,

an my notebook use the Intel UHD 620.

I haven't got any problems with the old drivers.

0 Kudos
27 Replies
Highlighted
New Contributor I

then you have not read the Information on Intel Website.The Intel Graphics Control Panel is in the Start menu.

you can start it from there.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Yes, I know. i started from the Start menu, but still nothing. No splash screen, nothing.

Highlighted
Beginner

I am facing the same issue. Fresh install on Windows 10, 1809 with latest Version: 25.20.100.6444 Intel UWD Driver. After first network connect, Microsoft Store automatically downloaded the Intel Graphics Control Panel but nothing happens when I try to open the App.

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello Phoenix_2k18,

Thank you for joining this Intel Community.

To continue assisting you, please submit a new question.

We will be glad to help you.

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

by me it work.

can you make a screenshot and post it here ?

what you can test,,,

uninstall it and reinstall it from Windows update.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

Same here i upgraded to latest driver and UHD control panel wont open anymore. I can tell when i click on the start menu shortcut that it tries to start but nothing happens.

Am using win10 x64 pro

CPU I7 8700

16gb of RAm

Panel worked fine until i updated, using the assistant app from intel it shows that i have the latest UHD drivers, its only the control panel that wont open.

Highlighted
New Contributor I

here a screenshot from my Control Panel.

also here it work fine

@

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

Same here !!! .. this is just crazy from Intel to release new drivers before testing them on all platforms.

During the instalation, the icon shows up in the task bar for few seconds but then it disappears.

My configuration:

Windows 10 RS5 1809

Intel i5-6200 with Iris 540

Drivers from November 5th work just fine with control panel showing both in task bar and right click menu

Any answer from Intel ?!?!

Highlighted
Beginner

why was the panel removed? Give her back! My windows 10 1809 ltsc! with this driver everything was fine! 25.20.100.6373! Please return the panel!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

One post is enough. Stay with your other post:

Doc

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

Hi,

Panel is not in all Driver Version removed !

PCH Driver has not Control Panel. It mean Panel coming from Microsoft Windows update.

If you want the Graphic Driver with Control Panel, you must download Standard Version. Not DCH !

I Think DCH is for Windows Server and Enterprise and Workstation.

By NVIDIA is same Methode to

greetz

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

You can learn about DCH from this document:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000031275/graphics-drivers.html Frequently Asked Questions about Windows DCH Drivers for Intel®...

Doc

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

So there is no way to get Intel Graphics Control Panel other than from Microsoft Store ?!?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

Even when you get it from windows store you need a touchscreen as a mandatory requirement.

As if everyone own or has touchscreens.

*EDIT* Managed to get the panel from the window store to open but i had to manually force intall the latest driver .inf to override the one windows had, then install the latest Intel update on top of it and now i have both latest update and control panel working.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

The Intel Control Panel installed from Microsoft Store would not open anything. Uninstalled the latest Driver then tried to open the Control Panel and it started right away except telling me no driver is installed. I decided to uninstall the latest driver and control panel all together and just went with the November's last release of Intel driver. I won't be touching the latest driver anytime soon.

Highlighted
Novice

Hahahaha, love how Intel and Microsoft can screw up something that used to be so simple.

I don't get it, what's the problem of including graphic panel in the driver ?!?! We've had it all these years !!

If Microsoft wants to add their version they can put it up on their store or include it in Windows update.

I don't have Microsoft Store, I use offline account and I have removed all Metro (cr)apps.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

Hi Cile,

I think you got it wrong. Intel and Microsoft are doing the right thing. You do not need a Microsoft account for Windows 10 Store. Unless you want to buy something from there.

Control Panel comes automatically from Windows Update ... as soon as you install a DCH driver. ok now ... DCH drivers are mainly for industrial operating systems. Because on a windows server or workstation, control panel has to be installed separately. You can only run the control panel via icons on desktop or start menu.

If you want the control panel as usual with the driver together, you have to wait for the next driver.

Make sure that the driver name does not have a DCH entry

And as I've heard, a new intel graphic driver is coming soon. We have to be patient...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

Thanks igpu,

That make sense, however I have not found anything about this driver being released only for industrial/server version of MS OS but let's hope you are right

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hi Mrazy,

How and which inf file did you manage to install? I tried to do what you suggested but I don't know how to manually install a file from a app from the windows store.

Could you explain that in steps to me?

thnx in advance!

ciao

Valentijm

0 Kudos