Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Intel Graphics Control Panel not working after automatic graphics driver update

DJone40
Beginner

My computer updated a couple of drivers recently, including that for the Intel graphics card (Intel HD Graphics 520). Immediately afterward, the graphics control panel would not open.

Graphics Control Panel now gives the following error message:

An old version of the Intel Graphics Driver is installed on this machine. This app requires a newer DCH version of the Intel Graphics Driver.

Every test I ran from different sources (device manager, Dell support, etc) said that the driver was up to date. Version Info: 26.20.100.6859; A15; 31 Jul 2019

Since it the Graphics Control Panel worked fine before the driver update, I tried installing an earlier version. Version Info: 23.20.16.4973; A14; 15 May 2018

Graphics Control Panel still didn't work and gave the same error message, so I went ahead and re-installed the latest driver. Version Info: 26.20.100.6859; A15; 31 Jul 2019

Please let me know what the next steps are and/or what additional information I can provide.

Dominic

0 Kudos
6 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

Please look in Start Menu, under "I" for Intel Graphics Command Center. It is replacing thy old Intel Graphics Center in the DCH driver. You may uninstall the Intel Graphics Control Center.

Leon

0 Kudos
KNova3
Beginner

I have the same problem, but I saw no Graphics Command Center in the Start menu. The support app only sad i needed to update the rapid storage technology app. The Graphics Control Panel appeared in my toolbar. I finally found it in the Microsoft Store.

0 Kudos
DJone40
Beginner

I tried using the Intel Graphics Command Center earlier, but none of the changes I select actually affected the appearance of the display. I just tried again, and now it doesn't even show settings at all - let alone let me change or apply them (see attached image).

In fact, the only thing I can change about the display appearance using any method is the simple, overall brightness. Even the Windows tool Night Light is not working. My goal here is to regain control of the color appearance on my laptop screen.

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee

Hello DJone40,

Thank you for posting on the Intel ® communities.

I would like to gather some more information, please check below and provide me with the required items: 

- Motherboard model: 

- BIOS version: 

- Type of connection (HDMI/Display Port): 

- Monitor(s) model/partnumber:

Also to better assist you with your request, I will need to check some other information about your computer. Please follow these steps: 

1. In the keyboard, press WinLogo key + R. 

2. In the Run box please type dxdiag and hit Enter.

3. Click on Save All Information (save it in your desktop). 

4. Attach the report to this thread. 

Can you please tell me where you downloaded Intel ® Graphics Command Center?

Please let me know.

David V

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee

Hello DJone40,

Were you able to check my previous post?

Please provide me with the information requested so I can assist you further.

David V

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee

Hello DJone40,

Please contact us if you have any additional questions.

David V

0 Kudos