Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

Intel Graphics DCH Driver not validated for Samsung laptop?

JJone68
Beginner

I have a Samsung laptop that has an Intel UHD Graphics 620 but when I try to update it with the newest driver it says its not validated for this computer and to contact the manufacturer. I thought I would quickly ask here before contacting Samsung about it. Is this something that just is not possible or eventually will be supported?

4 Replies
AlHill
Super User
0 Kudos
Bryce_Intel

@JJone68​ 

*If you run into installation issues, keep in mind many 6th - 9th Gen OEM systems are still utilizing non-DCH drivers. The update 100.8141 will not allow installation for any configuration other than DCH to DCH. You will need to uninstall the non-DCH driver completely (typically requires disconnecting internet so Windows doesn't reinstall the OEM driver), then install 100.8141 driver directly.

JJone68
Beginner

This worked perfect. Just uninstalled it and then installed the new one with no issues. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Silvestre
Beginner

Dear @JJone68 ,

Just like you, I own a Samsung notebook with UHD 620. Are you still using the Intel (regular) DCH graphics driver instead of the non-DCH Samsung-customised one? Have you run into any problem after all this time? 

Thank you!

0 Kudos