Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Intel Graphics Driver - Blue screen error (igdkmd64.sys)

Suzie2021
Beginner

Most recent Intel Graphics Driver not working.

Screen repeatedly goes black, before eventually blue screening (VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE What failed: igdkmd64.sys)

Device "works" (by works, I mean it doesn't blackout and die after a few seconds) when I disable Intel HD Graphics card via the display section in device manager.

I've tried updating driver through device manager but it's says that it's already up to date. I then tried to install the driver via Dell website and I when installing I get a pop up saying it's incompatible with my operating system (weird as this is the one I'm advised to download when inputting my Service Tag, driver: Intel-UHD-Graphics-Driver_HG22T_WIN_27.20.100.8935_A03.EXE

Anyway we've tried everything, even completely wiped/reinstalled my windows 10 and no luck

Any ideas? Device not old and is now completely unusable with this issue? 

Cheers

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AlHill
Super User

So the Intel support engineers can have more information about your system, Download, run, and save the results of this utility as a text file:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Then ATTACH the text file using the instructions under the reply window ( Drag and drop here or browse files to attach ).

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Windows 11 is the new Vista]

0 Kudos
Suzie2021
Beginner

System test text file attached! 

I should mention that the only way I can run this test is by disabling the "Intel(R) UHD Graphics Driver" via "Device Manager > Display Adaptors" (otherwise the laptop BSOD's within a few minutes of running)

Not sure if that makes a difference to the test or not? 

Cheers

0 Kudos
Suzie2021
Beginner
0 Kudos
Aegis
Beginner

I have a similar problem. Are there any developments with this topic?

0 Kudos