Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20707 Discussions

Intel Graphics Driver Installer (101.4826) Crashing after Extraction

Sleepiez_sooks
Beginner

Over the past week or so, I've been trying to update my graphics driver to the latest version but to no avail. When I first started, I didn't think it was that much of a problem as my Intel Driver & Support Assistant has at one point, continuously failed to update to the latest graphics driver until a few days later.

However, when I let the graphics driver be for a while now and after coming back to it, it still wouldn't update. And by failing to update, I mean as in, the Intel Driver & Support Assistant would tell me to install the driver, then the driver would try to install and extract. Suddenly, the installer would crash and disappear from my task bar, before the Intel Driver & Support Assistant would tell me that the graphics driver failed to install.

I tried manually installing the driver myself through the website, and it didn't work. I tried updating the graphics driver through the control panel method, but it didn't work. And as a last resort, I used DDU and then tried to manually install the driver, but nothing seems to be helping my graphics driver installer to stop crashing after extraction. I don't know what to do anymore, and I am so tired of having to look through several articles, only to find out that it still failed to install after doing their instructions.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Hello Sleepiez_sooks

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. We would be more than glad to help you with your issue.

In order to have a better understanding of your issue, please provide me with the following:

SSU: Please download and scan your system using our tool, Intel® System Support Utility so we can help check your system info first. Once finished downloading, open the tool, click on scan 'Everything', click next, then save the system information to a .txt file. Please provide the .txt file.

This document will be necessary to check your entire system, in order to find possible errors or incompatibilities.

Best regards,

Isaac Q. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Sleepiez_sooks
Beginner

Here's the txt. file.

0 Kudos
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Hello Sleepiez_sooks

I appreciate your prompt response.

I'd like to emphasize that Intel® offers generic software and driver versions. However, it's important to note that when it comes to laptops, the original equipment manufacturer (OEM) often introduces specific modifications, customizations, or other adjustments.

Therefore, it is advisable to use the drivers supplied by the laptop manufacturer to ensure compatibility and prevent any potential issues that might arise from using non-customized drivers.

According to the HP website, the recommended graphics driver version for this device is 27.20.100.9664.

Please note that there are even additional drivers for display and Video:

We recommend testing with the HP driver to see if the behavior is different. You can download the driver using the previous link. You may also check with them if they recommend installing the additional Monitor/Display drivers.

If you want to update to our latest driver, try the following steps here:

·      Try Clean Install of the Latest driver: 31.0.101.4826.

Best regards,

Isaac Q. 

0 Kudos
Sleepiez_sooks
Beginner
Hello, it’s been a while.

I’ve been observing how everything was going with the latest HP driver, and I’ve come to the conclusion that it has not changed at all. Even after trying to attempt a clean install of the graphics driver, it still doesn’t work- even with the latest version recently.
0 Kudos
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Dear Sleepiez_sooks,

Thank you for getting back to us.

We sincerely regret that the issue is still persisting despite your efforts, including a clean installation of both the OEM and Intel drivers. Rest assured, we are fully committed to resolving this matter and will delve deeper into our research to uncover a potential solution.

We will get back to you as promptly as possible. Thank you for your patience and cooperation.

Warm regards,

Isaac Q.

0 Kudos
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Dear Sleepiez_sooks,

Thank you for your patience.

When you say crashing are you getting any errors? or the installation Windows just closes?

Based on the troubleshooting, this could be related to OS or something on your computer causing the issue.

Also, please try the following and reply with the outcome:

·      Can you try to disable any antivirus if there is one?

·      Try another clean installation without an ethernet connection (No WIFI) just running the drivers, from the device manager delete all drivers until you see the MS display adapter then run the latest version 31.0.101.4885

·      Try with an older version if the latest does not work 31.0.101.4669.

If any of this works, we suggest checking with OEM, it seems there could be something specific with your system as we have not received more cases about this issue.

Warm regards,

Isaac Q.

0 Kudos
Sleepiez_sooks
Beginner

The installation window just simply closes on its own without any chance of me being able to click on it. There's no specific error, and the Intel Assistant just says "installation error" after it closes. 

Also I've tried the following methods you gave me, and none of them did anything. The window still closed by itself even after trying to clean install the driver.

0 Kudos
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Dear Sleepiez_sooks,

Thank you for getting back to us.

We sincerely regret to learn that the problem persists even after performing a thorough clean installation of the drivers. It seems that you have diligently explored nearly all possible troubleshooting avenues for this issue.

At this juncture, we highly recommend reaching out to the original equipment manufacturer (OEM), which in this case is HP. The reason for this recommendation is that the issue may be tied to a system-related problem, and HP is best equipped to provide you with the specialized assistance required for their product.

Should you have any further inquiries or require additional assistance, please don't hesitate to let us know. We remain at your disposal to assist in any way possible.

Warm regards,

Isaac Q.

0 Kudos
Kuzax
Beginner

Hello, same things is happening to me im really frustrated of that I tried so many time but its the same probleme, please I need a solution , I dont have intel arc control 

0 Kudos