Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21286 Discussions

Intel Graphics Driver Update

tomgt
Novice

I get a notice from Intel Driver and Support Assistant that there's a driver update.  When I click to download it gets to a small percentage, shows starting, deletes what's been downloaded and just keeps starting over.  A fix?

0 Kudos
13 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

In order to get better information about your system, please download the Intel System Support Utility (SSU). Run the SSU scan (check "Everything") and save the results. The .txt file with the results please attach to your post.

Leon

0 Kudos
tomgt
Novice

It's an HP.  I know for whatever reason HP doesn't like you to add an Intel graphics driver, I've never had an issue in the past.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello tomgt,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your   

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. Does the issue persist?

2. Can you take a picture of the drivers that Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) is asking you to update?

3. Have you tried to reinstall the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA)?

Bear in mind that the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) is meant to work on an Intel environment (NUCs, Computer sticks, etc) and it may not work on customized systems (laptops, tablets, etc). Also, some manufacturers (HP, Dell, Acer, etc) only accept/work with their own customized drivers and may not accept/work generic drivers (Intel drivers), I recommend you check with HP to confirm if it accepts/work generic drivers.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
tomgt
Novice

The issue is with the website trying to download the drivers.  When the download button is clicked,  it will show 5 or 10 or whatever percent and starts over at one.  The other day after a number of restarts it finally made it to 100% and it installed with no issue. This is with the DSA giving messages to  update.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello tomgt, 

I am sorry for the late response. In order to continue with the investigation I would like to confirm the following:

1. Does the same issue occur with the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) application?

2. Did you experience the same issue with other drivers?

3. Have you received any alter from Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) about an update after the driver installation?

4. Would you like to continue with the investigation even after the alert disappeared after the driver's installation?

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
tomgt
Novice

I got a message from the Intel Driver & Support Asst that there was another new graphics driver.  Clicked, went to the IDSA site and the same issue.  Same today, starts the download, then back to 0%.  Only gets a little way before starting all over.   All Windows update downloads have no issues  and a couple of other downloads.  Just IDSA.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello tomgt, 

Thanks for the confirmation. As a test, please uninstall the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) using the uninstaller and make sure that all the files and folders related to the tool are deleted. Then reinstall the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA).

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
tomgt
Novice

I used the links and even paused my AV program and same thing, downloads a little then starts over, after a few times it stops and the download and download all buttons become active again.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello tomgt, 

Thank you for your response. I would like to investigate this issue further. I will need the following in order to continue:

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.  

2. Provide the logs from Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA):

3. Please provide a picture of the update or a video of the issue.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
tomgt
Novice

Quite honestly, I've invested enough time.   I thought years ago as computers progressed things would be quicker and easier.  But between MS cumulative update issues and driver issues, it's just as bad.   Apple is looking much better at this point.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello tomgt, 

I would like to let you know that the issue with some downloads offered by Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) not downloading resolved. This was due to a change in Microsoft BITS infrastructure that impacted the way Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) downloaded drivers. 

Our IDSA team has implemented a fix on our end to handle this change and the latest Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) version released Oct 14, 2022, should resolve this. Please check in Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) settings for v22.6.42.2 (it should silently update to the latest version).

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
tomgt
Novice

Works great now.  Thanks.  

DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello tomgt, 

Thanks for your response. I am glad to know that the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) is now working properly.

I will proceed to close this thread, however, you can open a new one in case you need further assistance or if you have any issues with our products.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos