Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20496 Discussions

Intel Graphics Driver is faulty and causing BSOD (Iris Xe)

neo2
Novice

Hi Intel,

I have Dell Latitude 9420 with Windows 11. I have installed you latest driver version: 30.0.100.9955. (I did try also older version and DELL version). So problem is that as soon as I use your driver my system is not stable and causing BSOD: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, igdkmdn64.sys

(The reason why the driver crashed the system is because it caused at a page fault when the IRQL was at DISPATCH_LEVEL, hence the bugcheck of Stop 0xA.)

As soon as I uninstall INTEL graphics driver and I use microsoft generic driver I have no BSOD.

(please see minidump attached - driver verifier enabled).

Could you please have a look on it and help me to fix it?

43 Replies
neo2
Novice

ok, I have now followed the procedure from  dell to install all drivers in the right order. I have also installed latest DELL drivers. So let see how it will behave. 

0 Kudos
saitax
Novice

Hi Guys,

ich have the exact same issue with the current Intel DCH driver on Windows 10/11(100.9894). I installed fresh Windows+Updates and got several different BSODs. Its not practically to work with this driver, because its all the time crashing. I also tried the beta driver but with the same issues. 

I use a Dell Inspiron 7400 with Intel Iris Xe Max + Geforce MX350. 

If i deactive the Intel(R) Iris(R) Xe Graphics device in device Manager, my system is not crashing anymore. But if deactivate the INTEL GPU i got sloppy Videoplayback issues and it looks like its not rendering at 60fps.

The issue is the same on Windows 10/11. I contacted Dell, but they cant help me.

Regards saitax

0 Kudos
saitax
Novice
0 Kudos
neo2
Novice

Hi, so now I can post really the results. I have finished installation of all driver according to DELL WI. I have used latest DELL driver. Unfortunately it did not helped. I have just got BSOD during watching video. Please have a look on minidump and SSU report.

0 Kudos
saitax
Novice

Hi Intel Support Team,

i own a Dell Inspiron 7400 with an Intel Iris Xe Max/Geforce MX350 GPU. My System is crashing all the time with the current Intel DCH driver(Version:30.0.100.9955). I got many different BSODs(DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED,....). I allthough tried different older drivers, but i got the same issue.

If i deactivate the "Intel Iris Xe Graphics" in device-manager, everything runs perfect without BSODs. But if it is deactvated i got sloppy Video playback, cant change my resolution and my 21:9 Monitor is detected as an 16:9 display(connected via HDMI).

I got the issues when i bought this notebook but it was fixed by an Intel driver.

On the release on Windows11 i wanted try it an the problems started again and i´m not able to fix it by myself. I have same issue on Windows 10/11. My notebook is at the moment not useable and i dont find a working driver my system its all the time crashing.

i tried a clean installation with media creater edition tool und the dell recovery tool. Nothing worked, both the same issue.

I contacted Dell, but they say the cant help me, because it is software issue.

What can I do? The solution to deactivate the intel gpu device is not practal because of sloppy videoplayback and it does note recognize my monitor.

Regards saitax

0 Kudos
neo2
Novice

hmm that is exactly what I have now on my Dell Latitude 9420, so it seems that it is really on INTEL site.

BTW, here is also memory.dmp file which will be needed for analysis:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhlQgAfM03CWgqtG86Ci7fIVxCpBnA?e=iYR8ut 

saitax
Novice
Intel Iris XE Max.... BSODs all the time DCH(30.0.100.9955)

Hi Intel Support Team,

i own a Dell Inspiron 7400 with an Intel Iris Xe Max/Geforce MX350 GPU. My System is crashing all the time with the current Intel DCH driver(Version:30.0.100.9955). I got many different BSODs(DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED,....). I allthough tried different older drivers, but i got the same issue.

If i deactivate the "Intel Iris Xe Graphics" in device-manager, everything runs perfect without BSODs. But if it is deactvated i got sloppy Video playback, cant change my resolution and my 21:9 Monitor is detected as an 16:9 display(connected via HDMI).

I got the issues when i bought this notebook but it was fixed by an Intel driver.

On the release on Windows11 i wanted try it an the problems started again and i´m not able to fix it by myself. I have same issue on Windows 10/11. My notebook is at the moment not useable and i dont find a working driver my system its all the time crashing.

i tried a clean installation with media creater edition tool und the dell recovery tool. Nothing worked, both the same issue.

I contacted Dell, but they say the cant help me, because it is software issue.

i think i have the same issue, like  neo.

What can I do? The solution to deactivate the intel gpu device is not practal because of sloppy videoplayback and it does not recognize my monitor.

Regards saitax

0 Kudos
saitax
Novice

I provoked a BSOD.
I activated the Intel GPU in "device manager" and started to use the PC for Surfing(chrome) and watching netflix. After 10 minutes i got a bluescreen and i made a complete memory dump and uploaded it. I uploaded this dump to dropbox. Can you please analyse this dump, too. I think I have the same issue as neo2.
I used the newest driver 30.0.100.9955 and a fresh(yesterday) installation of windows10 + updates.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mm4lctf880svwjr/30.0.100.9955_MEMORY.zip?dl=0

regards saitax

0 Kudos
neo2
Novice

Hi Intel,

I just had another BSOD. No videoplay back was running. Just web browsing. Just want to point out now I have fresh w11 installation as you requested. Please lets do some work on your site as I thing we did quite a lot. 

Thanks

saitax
Novice

Hi Intel,

I allthough used the intel system support utility to create a report of my system to make it easier to find the bug in this driver. 

regards saitax

0 Kudos
saitax
Novice

Hi Intel,

Yesterday i tried to work with the activated "Intel Iris XE Max" GPU, my resumee i got 21 BSODs in 8 Hour Work, this is so frustrating i cant use this PC. Intel can u please analyse our memorydumps. I bought a notebook i cant use, its all the time crashing. 

I upload a second complete memory dump, may be it helps. The current situation is not practical, i cant use my new notebook and nobody is helping.

I got INTERRUPT_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSOD, on this memory dump.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sIBpiUJIf9ArT2RSUPymcdn0fX8v2X1v/view?usp=sharing

regards saitax

0 Kudos
saitax
Novice

I made a support ticket may be it helps to get faster support. neo2 can u do the same?

0 Kudos
saitax
Novice

hi ,

@neo2: if u read this:  intel ask me to test my cpu with their "Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool" and this tool detect a fail at CPUFreq. i will wait for the repsonse from intel, after that i will contact dell. may be it is your issue too.

regards saitax

0 Kudos
neo2
Novice
Hi, thanks for info. Could you please share that tool to me? I will do the same test.
0 Kudos
neo2
Novice

Thanks for tool I did test but all pass. 

@JosueO_Intel  any advice what to do next?

0 Kudos
saitax
Novice

what a pity... i can recommend to do a support request. it is much faster .

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello neo2,

After analyzing the memory dumps provided, we found that the failing portion comes from the network drivers. It seems that there are multiple sub-systems failing and causing the BSODs. The graphics drivers seem to be working fine. 

Please try performing a completely clean installation of the OS, try using a fresh image in order to try to avoid any possible issues related to the image of the installation. In case after performing the clean installation you are still getting BSODs, please provide us with a complete memory dump, because the ones you have provided are minidumps and for deeper analysis, we will need a complete dump.  

Regards, 

Josue O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
tonza0h
Beginner

it auto

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello tonza0h,

Thank you for participating in this thread, in case you need assistance from us, please create a new thread explaining the situation and one member of our support team will be assisting you. 

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello neo2,

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let us know if you still need assistance. 

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos