Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20454 Discussions

Intel HD 3000 Not detected in device manager, Only Nvidia

idata
Employee

I've recently transitioned to Windows 8 and am pleasantly surprised with its "user friendliness" and fast start up times compared to Windows 7.

My only problem is making the machine detect the integrated graphics on this laptop.

Specifications:

CPU - i5-2450M

GPU - GT640M

Laptop Model - Asus K43S

There are no problems in using it on a day to day basis since I think the Nvidia takes the graphics workload. My only issue is its battery consumption. Maybe if "I" have control over the integrated graphics, it might get better hopefully.

I would appreciate and help or feedback regarding this.

I've tried installing Intel's drivers downloadable here and Asus's as well. It always says Hardware does not meet minimum requirements.

I've contacted Asus Philippines (My country) but they would not help me with software since I purchased the laptop without an operating system (Much much cheaper here in the Philippines) I put a legitimate Windows 8 Pro given by my school so theres no hack/hacks I would want to do.

Thank you very much for those who look or give their feedback. I would really appreciate it. Happy New Year too!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Hi Christian,

It looks like your system is currently running switchable graphics; this means that your computer runs Intel graphics and Nvidia at same time. This type of computers do not use generic Intel drivers, they require special drivers from the computer manufacturer. I would highly recommend you contact your computer manufacturer for further assistance.

Thanks

Allan.

0 Kudos
MEA1
New Contributor II

Look http://superuser.com/questions/358222/how-to-enable-nvidia-optimus-in-asus-notebookgt520m/ here, I think your laptop doesn't support NVIDIA Optimus so you can't use intel card.

0 Kudos