Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20953 Discussions

Intel HD 3000 YCbCr problem.

Max_M_Intel
Employee

Hi everyone,

I have just updated my HD 3000 graphics driver to the newest version, 9.17.10.3347. I've configured graphic settings, but each time the computer starts or the monitor resumes from sleep or I turn it off/on myself, the driver automatically disables the "YCbCr" setting. It doesn't seem to get saved with the profile I created, since each time I manually activate the profile, the YCbCr setting always stay off. My OS is Windows 8 64bit.

I also had these problem with the older graphic drivers. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Maksym.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hi bugmenot2,

I am sorry to hear you are having problems but let me help you.

I have tested this in a Toshiba system with Intel® HD 3000 running the graphics driver version 3347 and when having the YCBcr feature enabled and saved as profile it worked just fine for me.

This could be caused by a limitation in the Vbios in your system set by the computer manufacture. I also, would like to check some more information about you system. Can you please post your dxdiag report and your graphics report?

Dxdiag: Start menu> dxdiag> Save> copy/paste here.

Graphics Report: Graphic And Media Control panel> Options and Support> information Center> Save> Copy/paste

0 Kudos
Max_M_Intel
Employee

Looks like this problem also discussed early for HD 4000 and problem is solved by the new drivers.

0 Kudos
Max_M_Intel
Employee
0 Kudos
SOne1
Beginner

I stumbled across this thread looking for the same answer. Installed the latest driver today and immediately began experiencing YCbCr not sticking. Unfortunately this problem has plagued "these drivers" for the past 2-3 years I've been using Intel HD 3000. Incredible how long has passed and a real shame it still hasn't been resolved. Will my next computer have Intel HD Graphics?! Hmmm....

Anyways, in my situation, I'm using an i5 2500k on an ASUS P8H67-M EVO. The only driver that seems to correctly remember the YCbCr is version 8.15.10.2669. This is the version listed at the ASUS website for my particular board. Maybe this version will work for others as well. I was really hoping to switch to the latest driver since the 8.15.10.2669 is so old.

0 Kudos