Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20603 Discussions

Intel HD 3000 changing resolution as if monitor has been plugged in

MBern10
Beginner

Hi everybody...

I'm running Windows 7 64 bits in my Dell Notebook with Intel HD 3000 Graphics Card (attached you'll find all properties both for driver and operating system).

All of a sudden two weeks ago, my computer is randomly (or at least I haven't found the pattern yet) changing resolution for my monitor, as if I would have plugged in an external monitor and I have selected "Duplicate Mode", and after a little while gets back to normal resolution.

In fact, it's not only a matter of changing resolution only... while reviewing Device Manager, it effectively adds a new monitor to existing devices and removes it once resolution goes back to normal.

Any ideas on how to solve this matter? having computer constantly change resolution is really annoying... any workaround or fix would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Martin

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DArce
Valued Contributor III

Try updating the BIOS of your DELL system checking athttp://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/product_support/dd_segmenter?DoNotRedirect=y Dell Support

In addition, try using the latest generic drivers posted here:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProductFamily=Graphics&ProductLine=Desktop+graphics+drivers&ProductProduct=2nd+Generation+Intel%C2%AE+Core%E2%84%A2+Processors+with+Intel%C2%AE+HD+Graphics+3000/2000&ProdId=3319&LineId=1100&FamilyId=39 Download Center

Either try the latest 3347 or the previous one 3223.

Have you checked if you see this behavior when using the operating system in safe mode?

0 Kudos
MBern10
Beginner

Thanks a lot Diego. Let me try it and get back to you...

Martin

0 Kudos
MBern10
Beginner

Diego

Display works fine when in safe mode and also worked fine when uninstalled driver and left windows standard vga driver.

Once I've updated to 15.28.20.64.3347 it returned to changing resolution once more.

Martin

0 Kudos
MBern10
Beginner

Diego... have tried all the alternatives you mentioned...

Do you have any ideas on how to fix it?

Martin

0 Kudos