Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20834 Discussions

Intel HD 4000-AMD Radeon 8750M (Lenovo G500) HDMI not working after Windows 10 upgrade

RPint1
Beginner

Hi, I've been trying to solve this issue for over a week with all the solutions I can find in the net but so far with no results.

My G500 has these 2 GPUs (Intel and AMD) and when I had Win 8.1 installed, plugging the HDMI cable instantly produced an small flicker in the desktop and after that moment I could extend my desktop via my HDMI out (immediately signaled as active in the TV)

After installing W10, with all drivers upgraded (both Intel and AMD) when plugging HDMI cable nothing happens, and forcing extend (or clone) display does not detect a second screen. It seems as the PC can not detect the HDMI connection (neither the TV acknowledges it and does not allow to select the HDMI input).

Was this situation already recognized as a bug/issue in Microsoft (Windows 10) or Intel (at least in the HD 4000/8750M combo, it's the Intel HD Graphics software that controls screen expansion)?

Anyone else around with same problem even if with different Graphic cards?

Thanks to you all for the help.

Rgds,

Ricardo.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Please test installing the latest video drivers for your graphics controller and let me know your findings:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25313/Intel-HD-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-1-10-3rd-Gen-BYT- Download Intel® HD Graphics Driver for Windows® 7*, 8.1*, 10 (3rd Gen & BYT)

Allan.

0 Kudos
RPint1
Beginner

Cheers Allan,

thanks for the reply.

Already in that driver version (10.18.10.4276)

If I force to switch to second display with Windows+P, the laptop goes black for 10 seconds and then returns to the main screen. Meanwhile LED TV does not detect any input via HDMI (neither extending or duplicating display).

I have read in some forums that Win 10 does not support Dynamic Graphics GPU (only fixed) but this does not make any sense to me.

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

I have not been able to replicate this issue. I loaded the latest video drivers using Intel® HD Graphics 4000 Windows® 10 latest November update but I am getting multi-monitor without any issues.

You can either wait for future graphics driver releases or Windows updates.

Allan.

0 Kudos
RPint1
Beginner

Do you also own a Lenovo?

What is the reference of your notebook? It has also a AMD Radeon 8750M dual graphic board (with Intel HD4000)?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Our demo is Lenovo X230 tablet with HD 4000. Please bear in mind we are testing the Intel® HD Graphics 4000 with Display port to HDMI adapter.

http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/thinkpad/x-series/x230t/# tab-tech_specs ThinkPad X230t Convertible Laptop | Lenovo | Lenovo US

You can either wait for another community member to post similar issues or get customized drivers from Lenovo.

Allan.

0 Kudos