Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20864 Discussions

Intel HD 4400 no DDC\CI communication over DisplayPort

TForm2
Beginner

Hi,

I am trying to calibrate my Nec monitor connected by DisplayPort using SpectraView software. I have Lenovo Thinkpad T440s with i7-4600U \ Intel HD 4400 graphics. No matter what connection I am trying (miniDP on notebook or DVI, DP, VGA in ultradock docking station) I am getting no communication over DDC\CI message in SpectraView and NaViSet software. It looks like a problem with Intel HD driver. I've tried latest stable Intel driver (15.33.22.3621/10.18.10.3621) and drivers from Lenovo (10.18.10.3496) under Windows 8.1 pro (64bits) without a success. I've also tried 3 monitors (NEC PA271w, EA274wmi and Dell U2410) on this machine with different kind of software which requires DDC\CI communication with the same result = no communication over DDC. All monitors can communicate on different Lenovo notebook with dedicated ATI graphics without any problems.

Any ideas how to enable DDC\CI communication in Intel HD driver?

Best regards,

Thomas

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Hello Thomas, thank you very much for contacting us through Intel Communities.

If you are interested on how to enable DDC\CI on your system, it would be necessary to contact your software developer or monitor manufacture.

We do not provide assistance for DDC\CI profiles, further more, in order to create or add DDC\CI profiles under color management the user has to be an administrator. Restricted users are not allowed.

I found this thread on an Apple community that you may want to look at for additional information. https://discussions.apple.com/thread/1835384?start=15&tstart=0 Updating to 10.5.6 has broken DDC/CI monitor co... | Apple Support Communities

Regards,

0 Kudos
BMcKe
Beginner

I'm actually facing the same issue on a Dell U2413 and two Dell U2713H monitors. I'm also using a HD4400 (in a Surface Pro 2).

When the monitors are in DisplayPort 1.1 mode, everything is fine. But upon switching to 1.2, the DDC/CI fails completely. Dell claims this is a video card driver issue, and that Intel would need to fix the issue.

I need to run DisplayPort 1.2 for many reasons, namely to daisy-chain my monitors (MST).

Could you please advise?

0 Kudos
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Mrmckeb, it is very important to bear in mind that the graphics engine for tablets computers is not the same as the one from a desktop or mobile motherboard or NUC. Therefore the graphics driver needs to be different.

The graphics drivers for tablets need to be provided by Microsoft.

0 Kudos