Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21067 Discussions

Intel HD 520 card causes white areas (blanks) in picture in Lightroom Develop module

DChav2
Beginner

@@Category

Questions

Answers (N/A if not applicable)

Description

Provide a detailed description of the issue

In Lightroom CC, in Develop Module, moving the adjustment

sliders or just moving the cursor anywhere often causes the picture I'm

working on to mostly turn bright white, or mostly bright white with

holes. Moving cursor on or off the

adjustment panel restores picture (see attached examples). Only happens when program told to use

Graphics Processor via Edit>Preferences>Performance--does not happen

when this box is not checked.

Please place an X to the right of the option showing how often

you see this issue using specific steps. (Ex: 'Every few times a game is

started it flickers.' <- This would be "Often")</span>

Always (100%):

Often (51-99%): X

Sporadic (20-50%):

Very Sporadic (<20%): </span>

Hardware (HW)

Brand and Model of the system.

Lenovo Carbon X1 4th generation

Hybrid or switchable graphics system?

ie Does it have AMD or NV graphics too?

No

Make and model of any Displays that are used to see the issue (see 

note2 below).

LFP = Local Flat Panel (Laptop panel)

EFP = External Flat Panel (Monitor you plug in)<td style="border-width: medium 1pt 1pt medium; border-style: none solid solid none; border-color: currentColor windowtext windowtext currentColor; padding: ...
0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi turnsalot,

I reviewed the video and pictures; the issue is related to the rendering process, the application requires many resources from the system.

I suggest you to try installing manually the latest graphics generic driver v. 4444 from our website.

Intel® HD Graphics 520 v.4444

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25957/Intel-Beta-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-and-Windows-7-8-1-15-40-?product=88355 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25957/Intel-Beta-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-and-Windows-7-8-1-15-40-?product=88355

Steps to follow:

1-Download the zip file of the driver from downloadcenter, unzip and keep file in the desktop.

2-Turn Internet connection off

3-Go to device manager>Display Adapter, right click Intel HD graphics and select uninstall driver (check delete box)

4-Restart the computer

5-Go to device manager>Display Adapter, right click over Microsoft generic driver select Update driver, browse search for graphics folder at desktop (step 1)

6-Restart system and review graphics driver version installed from device manager or Graphics control Panel.

Regards,

Mike C
0 Kudos
DChav2
Beginner

Hi Mike C:

Thanks for getting back to me. I changed the driver as you suggested, and it installed successfully.

Unfortunately, the problem persists.

My question is, based on the data I sent you, if you could tell whether this is a Lightroom problem, or whether there is something wrong with the hardware. I just want to make sure that I do not have a defective unit so I can exchange it if needed during the 30-day period.

While I ran the Lenovo GPU tests that came with the system, are there any other independent tests that you can recommend I run to ensure that I do not have a faulty unit?

Thanks again for your help.

Dinyar

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi turnsalot,

It is possible to review the processor health using our stress test called Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/19792/Intel-Processor-Diagnostic-Tool https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/19792/Intel-Processor-Diagnostic-Tool

Regards,

Mike C
0 Kudos
DChav2
Beginner

Thanks, Mike. I ran the tests, and the system passed all the tests, so I guess that it works fine. I just won't use the GPU.

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi turnsalot,

I am glad your processor is working properly. Video and photo editing applications require more system resources than the rest of the applications and there is a delay while displaying the changes.

Mike C
0 Kudos