Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20628 Discussions

Intel HD 530 and Acer XB270HU can't reach 144Hz

idata
Employee

Hello,

I recently got an Acer XB270HU and I'm trying to get it to reach 144Hz with the onboard graphics of my i7-6700K, but I can only go as high as 120Hz. When I set it to 144Hz from the control panel, the screen gets no signal and goes to sleep. Is the Intel HD 530 limited to 120Hz? I have tried different resolutions up to 2560x1440 and none will let me go above 120Hz. I don't currently have a dedicated graphics card that can handle this screen to test with.

0 Kudos
12 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello, DavidDube:

Thank you for contacting the Intel Communities.

I would like to check, what is the cable brand or model that you are currently using with the system?

Is there a setting you can check in the monitor to make sure it is providing the full 144hz?

Additionally, I would like to request the report give by the Intel® System Support Utility, you can simply download the utility here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Then scan your system, export the report, and attach it to your answer (please attach the file).

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Esteban C
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I am using a Bizlink DisplayPort cable that was packaged with the monitor. I'm not sure what you mean by a setting to make sure the monitor is providing the full 144Hz. There is a setting that shows the current refresh rate. It is shown as 120Hz which is the highest I can get it to go at the moment. Here is the attached file you asked for.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, DavidDube:

Thank you for your answer and the information provided on this.

I would like you to test with the following steps/settings:

1. Turn on the monitor before the computer. As per the manufacturer of the monitor, this sequence is very important.

2. Test if you can get desired refresh rate with lower resolutions (1920x1080)

3. For the brand provided (Bizlink) I found adapters only, if this is an adapter, please test the behavior of the system with a straight connection (DisplayPort to DisplayPort)

Adapters can affect the performance of the device, for that reason we recommend to use straight connections when possible.

Please refer to the screenshot below.

I look forward to your outcome on this.

Regards,

Esteban C
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

1. I did a full shut down, turned off the monitor, turned on the monitor, and turned the computer back on.

2. The refresh rate will not go above 120 Hz on 1920x1080.

3. I attached a picture of the Bizlink cable I am using. It is a full cable, not an adapter. It was packaged with the monitor.

The monitor still refuses to go above 120Hz. When 144Hz is selected, the monitor gets no signal and goes to sleep.

I am using this monitor as my second monitor, but this shouldn't be an issue. My first monitor is using a GTX 570 and the second monitor is using the integrated graphics.

Update: I tried disabling the other monitor by changing the primary display to the integrated graphics in the BIOS and having Windows only use this monitor. It made no difference.

"Please refer to the screenshot below."

What screenshot are you referring to?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I think this was posted to the wrong topic.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, DavidDube:

Sorry about that, I just updated the last answer with the correct information.

Look forward to hearing from you and the outcome on this.

Regards,

Esteban C
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Please refer to my previous reply for my response to your message. You posted the same information twice.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

A friend of mine brought his GTX 980 over to test the monitor with and the monitor went to 144Hz without any problems. So to answer my own question, no, the Intel HD 530 does not go above 120Hz.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

DavidDube:

I do apologize for the confusion on my answers, but let me get a further investigation on this to find out the max refres rate supported from my end, I will let you know as soon as the resolution is available.

Regards,

Esteban C

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hey, DavidDube :

A little-delayed answer, I apologize for that! I would like to inform you that we were able to get the screen resolution mailto:2560x1440@144hz 2560x1440@144hz with an Acer XG270HU and the Skylake platform.

I saw that you are using graphics driver 4380, have you tested the latest graphics drivers available?

Here you can download them:

Beta 15.40.26.4474 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26099/Intel-Beta-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-and-Windows-7-8-1-15-40-?product=88345 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26099/Intel-Beta-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-and-Windows-7-8-1-15-40-?product=88345

15.40.25.4463 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26078/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-and-Windows-7-8-1-15-40-?product=88345 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26078/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-and-Windows-7-8-1-15-40-?product=88345

Hope I can hear from you 🙂

Regards,

Esteban C
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Esteban,

I now have a dedicated graphics card that supports my monitor (GTX 1080) so I am no longer using the integrated graphics.

Thanks,

David

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Alright, thank you for letting me know about this DavidDube.

Enjoy that new GPU 🙂 if any further inquiries come to mind, feel free to contact the Intel Communities again.

Hope you have a great week!

Regards,

Esteban C
0 Kudos