Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20623 Discussions

Intel HD 5500 and Fallout 4

NPres3
Novice

Hello everyone! I wanted to know if the Intel HD 5500 will be updated and optimized for games like Fallout 4 or Batman Arkham Knight, since in both especially in the Fallout game crashes very often, and when you start and while you play after a few minutes or in certain places is impossible to play just because it closes and the graphics card stops working) ... these problems are very similar in Batman AK.

My notebooks is a ASUS X554L, driver Intel: 15.40.10.4300

Intel® Core™ i3-5005U Processor (3M Cache, 2.00 GHz), Intel® HD Graphics 5500, 12Gb ram, Windows 10 64 bit

There are hopes for new drivers that solve these problems? Thank you.

Ps: I apologize if I write bad English

0 Kudos
24 Replies
nroch
Beginner

Hello everyone,

I have been struggling to play FO4, but my problem seems more complex. It does not crash, It does not return to desktop, in fact my problem is that it is utterly unplayable. I am seriously surprised how some of you have managed to play for 1 hour before it crashes, because I can´t even move around the house! the FPS meter is like 1-2 FPS if that much!

My system:

Hp Laptop

I5-5200 @ 2.20 GHz

16 Gb Ram

Intel HD 5500

Windows 10 64bit

So far I have tried Upscale, changing resolutions to as low as 640 x 360, installing the 512 and 256 px textures..... Using DXCPL with and w/out warp.... Adding compatibility mode for every previous windows available... and tweaking my INIs.....

My current drivers are the beta as suggested.

Please tell me that some of you who guys are playing FO4 on a HD5500 successfully are doing so on a laptop.....

I am getting desperate here....

0 Kudos
NPres3
Novice

The crash problem has been solved with the driver version 15.40.18.4380 or later,

However, it remained only for the problem of very low framerate and texture corrupt by update 1.3 or later, which I hope are solving, it is spending too much time and I'm losing hope now

0 Kudos
nroch
Beginner

Does it mean that initially, when the game was launched (v1.0), everything was working fine except from the fact that it was crashing to desktop? And that the fortunate ones that were able to play it were actually and able to play it with decent frame rates?

Because I just find it odd, considering my system and RAM, that I can´t get enough FPS to play it (as mentioned previously I get around 1-2 FPS ) so something is completely wrong.

Now I am just going to google Fallout 4 on a Surface and I bet I will get even more frustrated!! lol

0 Kudos
IUman
Honored Contributor II

Hi,

Did you try the latest Beta driver, you can download it here:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25848/Intel-Beta-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-1-10-15-40-?product=86210 Intel® Beta Graphics Driver for Windows* 7/8.1/10 [15.40]

Please be aware that we are still working on a solution for the Fallout 4, we don't have an ETA when this will be fixed, and you can see more information about known issues with games at:

https://downloadmirror.intel.com/25848/eng/ReleaseNotes_GFX_15%2040%204404.pdf https://downloadmirror.intel.com/25848/eng/ReleaseNotes_GFX_15%2040%204404.pdf

We really appreciate your patience and understanding on this case.

Best wishes,

Ivan

0 Kudos