Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

Intel HD Graphics 2000 driver: Windows error 52

Gauthier
Beginner

Hello,

I just downloaded the latest (9.17.10.4229 dated 26/05/2015) driver for my embedded HD Graphics 2000 to replace the one included in Windows 7, but since then the device manager returns the following error:

Windows cannot verify the digital signature of the drivers required for this device. It is possible that a recent hardware or software modification installed a damaged or incorrectly signed file, or it could be malware from an unknown source. (Code 52)

(original French message: Windows ne peut pas vérifier la signature numérique des pilotes requis pour ce périphérique. Il est possible qu’une modification matérielle ou logicielle récente ait installé un fichier endommagé ou dont la signature est incorrecte, ou qu’il s’agisse d’un logiciel malveillant provenant d’une source inconnue.)

The computer also has an Nvidia NVS 510 graphic card installed, but I wanted to be able to active the embedded graphic card to connect an additional screen. The computer is an HP 8200 SFF with i7 2600.

Any hint to fix the driver error 52?

Regards,
Gauthier

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II

Review this article:

https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5002/

The “SHA2 support patches” are for any driver.

0 Kudos
Gauthier
Beginner

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for the advice, however after downloading them and trying to install, both reported me that they were already installed.

Regards,
Gauthier

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @Gauthier

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We would like to inform you that due to the Intel® HD Graphics 2000 has been discontinued, Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for it, but perhaps fellow community members have the knowledge to jump in and help. You may also find the Discontinued Products website helpful to address your request.

You can verify this product's discontinuance status at the following links:

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Gauthier
Beginner

Thanks Jordan, but it is already the link suggested by Stefan above, which did not help.

@AndrewG_Intel indeed I know it is discontinued, reason why I checked with the community instead of the support. 😉 Sad that all these support ending from all brands after only a couple years (well 8 years now), while my i7-2600 can clearly make its job for another 5 years if not more! (not to mention that I have another P4 also still working fine besides its limitation of 4GB of RAM).

0 Kudos