Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20621 Discussions

Intel HD Graphics 2000

troomax10
Beginner

I am having Intel HD Graphics 2000 installed in my windows 10 with opengl 3.1
i need atleast opengl 4.4 or more to play minecraft .
other drivers are not getting installed in my pc .
is there any other way to get opengl 4.4 or more other than buying a new graphics card.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Your processor's graphics engine is not - and never was - supported on Windows 10. Intel does not provide a Windows 10 graphics driver for these processors. This is documented here: Supported Operating Systems for Intel Graphics Products. As you can see in this document, no 1st or 2nd gen Intel Core processors were ever supported.

Microsoft provides an inbox compatibility driver that allows this graphics engine to be used with Windows 10. As you have seen, however, its performance is poor and its API support is very out of date. Microsoft has stated that they will not be making any subsequent changes to this driver and will not entertain any problem reports.

Bottom line, what you see is what you got and it isn't going to change. If you cannot address this problem with the addition of a add-in NVIDIA/AMD graphics card and support for later API versions is an absolute must, then you are simply going to have to replace the processor, motherboard and likely memory with something much, much newer.

Over the course of time, Intel has subsequently dropped support for the graphics engines in all Core processors up through the 4th gen and including some 5th gen processors. The drivers for the 3rd, 4th and 5th generation graphics engines are still available, but are frozen and not being updated. I thus recommend that you look to at least a 6th gen processor. If you are looking at upgrading to Windows 11 eventually, you will need at least an 8th gen processor. Intel is, BTW, shipping the 12th gen currently and will be releasing the 13th gen in the next 8 months.

Hope this explains it,

...S

View solution in original post

2 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Your processor's graphics engine is not - and never was - supported on Windows 10. Intel does not provide a Windows 10 graphics driver for these processors. This is documented here: Supported Operating Systems for Intel Graphics Products. As you can see in this document, no 1st or 2nd gen Intel Core processors were ever supported.

Microsoft provides an inbox compatibility driver that allows this graphics engine to be used with Windows 10. As you have seen, however, its performance is poor and its API support is very out of date. Microsoft has stated that they will not be making any subsequent changes to this driver and will not entertain any problem reports.

Bottom line, what you see is what you got and it isn't going to change. If you cannot address this problem with the addition of a add-in NVIDIA/AMD graphics card and support for later API versions is an absolute must, then you are simply going to have to replace the processor, motherboard and likely memory with something much, much newer.

Over the course of time, Intel has subsequently dropped support for the graphics engines in all Core processors up through the 4th gen and including some 5th gen processors. The drivers for the 3rd, 4th and 5th generation graphics engines are still available, but are frozen and not being updated. I thus recommend that you look to at least a 6th gen processor. If you are looking at upgrading to Windows 11 eventually, you will need at least an 8th gen processor. Intel is, BTW, shipping the 12th gen currently and will be releasing the 13th gen in the next 8 months.

Hope this explains it,

...S

AlHill
Super User

HD graphics 2000 are not supported on Windows 10.  All you have is the Microsoft generic video driver, which lacks features and performance.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]