Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20948 Discussions

Intel HD Graphics 3000/2000 (Sandy bridge) Windows 10 Graphics Driver support?

nkef
Novice

According to http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-034343.htm Graphics Drivers — Supported Operating Systems there is no support of Intel HD Graphics 3000 for Windows 10.

When the support for Windows 10 for Intel HD Graphics 3000 will arrive?

Will be the new WDDM 2.0 driver model be supported for Intel HD Graphics 3000 for Windows 10?

Thanks,

nkef

1 Solution
Bryce__Intel
Employee

Please check Windows Update. It is included in the Control Panel in Windows. To check for updates: Click the Start button, click All Programs, and then click Windows Update.

There is an inbox Graphics driver which has been provided to Microsoft* to enable Windows 10* for 2nd Generation Intel® Core™ Processors with Intel® HD Graphics 3000/2000/etc. (Sandy Bridge). If your computer is capable, Windows Update should update the Graphics driver. No further Intel Graphics drivers will be provided for Sandy Bridge.

Edit details: fixed trademarking errors and eliminated acronyms that not all users could understand (e.g. WU = Windows Update, SNB = SandyBridge).

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
135 Replies
idata
Employee

This is one of my problems. Intel did not release a wddm 1.3 driver for intel hd 3000 and windows 8.1. Again I wonder why. I guess intel does not want us to upgrade windows and prolong the life of the laptops / operating system supported. It works in legacy (compatibility mode) since it uses wddm 1.2 driver. Performance wise 3d is the same but 2d desktop graphic performance is 20% lower than windows 8.0 or 7. Also winsat d3d -dx10 skips the test. WiDi though works fine.

These are the reasons I am thinking of moving back to windows 8.0. I have to weight the advantages and disadvantages and decide.

0 Kudos
RMaco
Novice

Windows 8 cannot be an option anymore, as I said before there are no more updates from Microsoft.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Then we have to press intel to produce a proper intel hd 3000 x64 driver for windows 8.1. If they manage to fix the intel hd 3000 winsat test (d2d -dx10 ---- Driver is not WDDM 1.1, WDDM 1.2 - and skips test)and improve 2d desktop performance I will be happy using windows 8.1 x64. Do you know why intel failed to produce a wddm 1.3 driver??? It is the same story as windows 10 as again intel failed to develop a wddm 2.0 driver. Does any one have any information as of why intel did not produce wddm 1.3 and 2.0 driver for intel hd 3000??

0 Kudos
CReme
Novice

And a proper hd 3000 x64 driver for Windows 10

0 Kudos
NSeve
Beginner

Hi everyone,

I have 2nd gen hd3000 based notebook. Last week I upgraded to win10 from win8.1, had several issues so I went back to win8.0. After reading palmiris's posts I paused for win8.1 upgrade and started observing. I know that regular desktop does not make use of hw graphics acceleration, but I noticed my Firefox experience is considerably better -particularly page scrolling- and flash-based programs like Candy Crush are smooth w/o hiccups I used to experience with win8.1 (both Firefox and flash settings have "use hw acceleration" checked). Now I'm curious. Is this just a coincidence (since this is a fresh install), or is it really true that hd3000 users will lose hw based graphics acceleration if they go beyond win8.0?

ps. the drivers I have installed are whatever windows update offered. nothing from external sources.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Best operating system for intel hd 3000, as a fully hardware supported graphics card, is windows 8.0. Both operating system and graphics car driver are wddm 1.2.

Intel can you tell us what intel hd 3000 hardware features are not supported in windows 8.1 compared to windows 8??

Can intel produce a wddm 1.3 driver for intel hd 3000 so that I can upgrade my windows 8.0 to 8.1??

It is the same problem with windows 10. Intel refuses to upgrade driver to wddm 2.0, not that the other graphics card manufacturers always do. For example NVidia GT 220 stopped at wddm 1.2 however it openGL API was updated from 3.1 to openGL 3.3 and supports arb extension up to openGL 4.4. But with widi incompatibility with windows 10, does intel have any responsibility for supporting widi for its clients who most have updated to windows 10 and lost this feature?

0 Kudos
DMcDe
Novice

After going to Settings in Windows 10 and Updating my computer I have a valid HD 3000 driver with external VGA access. Thank you!

0 Kudos
CReme
Novice

Hey, Intel, are you listening us?

Guys, let's make some noise here and see if Intel won't change its mind.

CReme
Novice

We need compatible Windows 8 / 8.1 / 10 drivers for HD 2000/3000

fpump
Beginner

Can't believe the win10 support for hd3000 is still nothing but some kind of lists or table saying 2rd gen 3rd gen or wdm whatever craps

My 3 years old laptop is still using win8.1 with drivers comes from nvdia in march 2015, all because of you intel, hd freaking 3000... shame on you intel !

RMaco
Novice

I think nobody from Intel will care, but anyway I will never buy expensive hardware again. That is all I can do. shame on you Intel!

0 Kudos
LCruc
Novice

yeap, it seems microsoft will drop support for windows7 starting with July 2017 ... so, the things are going into the right direction. at leat win 7 is about 7 years old....

but Intel raised the bar and dropped support for a 4 years old product...

good job Intel. keep ignoring your clients, maybe we'll start ignoring your hardware too...

0 Kudos
FLee10
Beginner

I tend to buy my computers for years of future use so I was very mad when I checked both my laptop and desktop at the OEM sites and found they would not be supported for Windows 10. The laptop is a Dell XPS 17 (702x) with a core I7, 8MB ram, intel HD3000 graphics (not supported by Intel), auxiliary Nvidia 555m graphics (at least this is supported by Nvidia), Samsung SSD (for boot drive), great HD 1920x1080 screen, backlit keyboard...etc. I know it's a few years old but it's still plenty fast and runs everything. The desktop is a HP e9280t also with a Core I7, 8MB ram, Samsung SSD (for boot drive), Nvidia GeForce GTX 750Ti 2GB GDDR5 graphics (excellent replacement for original AMD card and supported), Logitech backlit keyboard, great HD 22" monitor...etc. It's also a few years old but still fast.

My main problem is the slight of hand Microsoft is trying to pull. Yes, I get the constant nags which state these computers are ready to go --- get Windows 10; for FREE! But if the OEMs and various manufacturers have abandoned all updates and drivers, why would I take the chance on Windows 10? The computers are working great with Windows 7 and the operating system will be supported to 1/14/2020. Bug fixes, patches and other updates will also keep rolling out until the end of this decade, ensuring that Windows 7 will remain protected against malware and other threats.

Windows 10?

Thanks, Microsoft. What a great free offer!!!!!!!!!

I won't be helping to add to Microsoft's all-important operating system user numbers.

RMaco
Novice

Maybe it would be a good idea to get this topic in some computer magazines - how intel failes its loyal customers.

idata
Employee

I will repeat the same.

Intel FAILS its loyal customers.

I only bought intel. Now I will buy non intel inside.

Any news on openCL 1.2 CPU update (from openCL 1.1) and OpenGL 3.3 driver support on intel HD 3000. Some openGL 3.3 and 3.2 extensions are missing and intel has not added them to their latest intel driver (unlike OS X and Linux who both support these 2 APIs with intel hd 3000 2nd gen processors).

Does intel want to provide driver support?? This is the last time I am asking intel for driver support. I dont want to see any old made features table from intel because I know that these 2 API features can be supported if intel wishes.

0 Kudos
RBerg8
Beginner

My company is buying many computers each year and after that bad experience with the HD 3000, we have more than 25, I7 computer incompatible with Windows 10. Consequently, my company will not buy Intel computers anymore and this starts in 2016.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

The only upgrades I have done to improve the 2nd gen Intel HD 3000 were based on the following:

1. Bios advanced settings with higher memory clock frequency 1866 MHz support, and settings for higher dedicated memory for the intel hd 3000

2. Installation of 2x1866/10 Mhz memory modules

3. replaced cpu i5-2520m wih i7-2640m ( I wish bios was 3rd gen cpu compatible).

4. Already had SSD harddisk

The result was to get a passmark performance test of 2041, with 2d performance score near intel hd 4000 IGP without any overclocking. (search for passmark other: T420 4236 b87, all tests are mine both i5 and i7 cpus)

As for the 3D, I did not see any improvements by upgrading to i7. Same result. Only with memory upgrading I had some 3d improvement.

I have WEI score 6.3.for both desktop performance and gaming performance.

If intel offered openGL 3.3 and openCL 1.2 for the CPU part (similar to the current openCL 1.1 support) then I would have 3d increased performance too near 10%. Intel please support intel hd 3000 driver with openCL 1.2 (on the CPU part) and openGL 3.3 support.

Dont protect XEON processors sales/openCL sdk app, but support all your customers including 2nd gen mobile cpus with intel hd 3000. You have not done your best on this field. You can do much better. I am still counting on you that you will still develop the driver to support our requests and your loyal customers because until today we have been Intels best customers. We only bought Intel inside because we thought we would be supported on driver development too. Dont fail to support us. The vice versa may be bad for intel pockets.

0 Kudos
RMaco
Novice

why did I get a notification of a new message, which seems to be deleted now?

0 Kudos
Bryce__Intel
Employee

Please check Windows Update. It is included in the Control Panel in Windows. To check for updates: Click the Start button, click All Programs, and then click Windows Update.

There is an inbox Graphics driver which has been provided to Microsoft* to enable Windows 10* for 2nd Generation Intel® Core™ Processors with Intel® HD Graphics 3000/2000/etc. (Sandy Bridge). If your computer is capable, Windows Update should update the Graphics driver. No further Intel Graphics drivers will be provided for Sandy Bridge.

Edit details: fixed trademarking errors and eliminated acronyms that not all users could understand (e.g. WU = Windows Update, SNB = SandyBridge).

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

ask Microsoft to make a better driver with WiDi support, wddm 1.3 or 2.0, the reasoning is that Intel is not able to produce a driver for windows 10 due to other undertakings.

The funny part is that you stopped responding due to feeling guilty. I don't understand why you still have the guts to give an answer, following the other intel support employees who are hiding under their skirts, meaning hiding behind their shadows (sorry for my English if I used the wrong expression).

I go back to my external express card GT 730 dock which is flying having more than what I wished for in terms of openCL 1.2 openGL 4.5 and 3D performance.

That is not the correct answer. The correct answer is intel's absence in driver development. You have caused a war, in order to gain what?????? Dissatisfaction Dislike and Aversion to intels products due to Intels lack of driver development.

---------------------------------------Case closed.-----------------------------------------------------

Who is correct me or you???? I am afraid the correct answer is mine.

0 Kudos
LCruc
Novice

what driver are you talking about? the one from may 2015 ???

that's a joke, not a driver...