Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20862 Discussions

Intel HD Graphics 3000/2000 (Sandy bridge) Windows 10 Graphics Driver support?

nkef
Novice

According to http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-034343.htm Graphics Drivers — Supported Operating Systems there is no support of Intel HD Graphics 3000 for Windows 10.

When the support for Windows 10 for Intel HD Graphics 3000 will arrive?

Will be the new WDDM 2.0 driver model be supported for Intel HD Graphics 3000 for Windows 10?

Thanks,

nkef

1 Solution
Bryce__Intel
Employee

Please check Windows Update. It is included in the Control Panel in Windows. To check for updates: Click the Start button, click All Programs, and then click Windows Update.

There is an inbox Graphics driver which has been provided to Microsoft* to enable Windows 10* for 2nd Generation Intel® Core™ Processors with Intel® HD Graphics 3000/2000/etc. (Sandy Bridge). If your computer is capable, Windows Update should update the Graphics driver. No further Intel Graphics drivers will be provided for Sandy Bridge.

Edit details: fixed trademarking errors and eliminated acronyms that not all users could understand (e.g. WU = Windows Update, SNB = SandyBridge).

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
135 Replies
DKing4
Novice

Seriously? What about my 8088? I need driver support!

Doesn't Intel stand by their products?

*removes tongue from cheek*

idata
Employee

Does it belong to intels 7 year life cycle support? Try another one maybe 286 a 386 a 486, yes I used to own even an Amstrad 1512 (1988 if I remember well). I am having psychological issues with intels response. I will visit my psychologist as my lawyer recommended since I have depression. You can investigate my anxiety since my entry to intels forums and my numerous responses and communications with intel support and forum posts hitting a record time. Any metal?? Intel the bill is getting bigger.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

When can we expect this update to show up on WU? Is there a download link anywhere? We have 4 machines still under warranty from Dell here, well within you product lifecycle, that are all pretty worthless post Windows 10 update that are suffering from the issues in this thread. Since your post a few weeks ago I've been checking regularly for updates and nothing.

idata
Employee

Search windows update catalog if you have trouble downloading from windows updates.

Windows 10 is not supported by intel. WiDi does not work with the Microsoft driver in windows 10. If I was you I would use the guarantee period to return them back due to intels lack of support in windows 10 or windows 8.1 (legacy mode). Last intel hd 3000 driver supports wddm 1.2 which means windows 8.0. Windows 8.1 supports wddm 1.3 and there is no driver made by intel to natively support the graphics card.

In addition intel failed to update driver with openGL 3.3 on windows OS (driver only supports openGL 3.1), though on Linux openGL 3.3 is supported (on OSX there is openGL 4.0 support). Also there is no openCL GPU support.

I have added an external express card graphics card dock on my laptop because of the above lack of support and now I am using a GT730 graphics card on my laptop, spending 170 euros, which I should be claiming from intel. Also I have spent a lot of time upgrading to windows 10 and downgrading back to 8.1 which failed. Then I had a clean installation and installed windows 8.0, the intel driver available fully supports intel hd 3000 with wddm 1.2. Thanks intel for your lack of support.

Regards

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Saying Windows 10 is not supported by Intel is a bit dramatic and doesn't really help with these Sandy Bridge issues. You and I both know Intel has had video driver issues since they got into the video game. We all remember the disaster that was Intel video performance that forced Microsoft to lower the requirements for Vista. So I guess all and all, I don't blame you. We've all been screwed over by Intel on video over and over and over again. I think my intel graphics in my Surface Pro 4 just crashed again.

But at this point I feel like we know we are dating The Beast and complaining that his hair gets everywhere. I just want to know where I can find the brush that they said was out.

0 Kudos
RMaco
Novice

what do you mean with a little bit dramatic, this is the reality. not even win 8.1 had native support, and with the w10 driver my laptop is unusalbe .... UNUSABLE - it hangs, freezes within seconds after the second boot.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Don't ask intel. They have nothing to do with the windows update driver. That is a MS driver. But if you want to download search Microsoft update catalog from internet explorer.

0 Kudos
LCruc
Novice

Intel has nothing to do with anything anyway... not even with their own products.

so, don't ask intel anything, you won't get a reply anyway.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I agree with the no reply part. They have stopped replying regarding windows 10 and missing intel hd 3000 driver long ago.
0 Kudos
DH5
Beginner

Support that, it is quite unbelievable that a company like Intel is not able to respond to the simplest questions

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

This distinguishes the reliable companies from the rest. Intel belongs to the second group since they don't offer long term support, much lower than the norm/competition.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Bryce,

Is there an ETA when this driver will be available?
Bryce__Intel
Employee

Hi SeanPT,

A driver to enable the install of Windows 10 is found directly through Windows Update. Intel advises though, for the best performance using 2nd Generation Intel® Core™ Processors with Intel® HD Graphics 3000/2000/etc. (aka Sandy Bridge) products, that users continue using the Operating System the product was sold with. I wrote a /message/380800# 380800 post earlier which I invite you to please read, but basically it is said, upgrade at your own discretion, there are no planned Gfx drivers or fixes for 2nd Gen products for Win10. Some users report Win10 working fine for them, others note considerable issues that warrant staying with their previous OS. Your choice though. Full Win10 Gfx support is offered for 4th Generation and newer products.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thanks Bryce. I saw your other post.

I am not finding that updated driver in WU. When I search for an updated driver, the driver 9.17.10.4229 from May of 2015 is the latest driver. When I go to http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/Home.aspx Microsoft Update Catalog (internet explorer only) I see the exact same thing -- 9.17.10.4229 and 9.17.10.3347 (from January 2014).

The laptop with the HD 3000 that passed the compatibility check and was upgraded to Windows 10 is basically stuck there. I'm not going to clown around and say I'm never buying Intel again like the other posters here. I know I'm stuck with you and you are stuck with me. But like I just said - this laptop passed compatibility checks with Microsoft. We have known for some time it isn't compatible yet I got a call from my dear old mother last week because she finally got sick of the Windows 10 prompts, updated her Vostro and can't get any display from it now. Thankfully I knew exactly what her problem was since I have been dealing with it for work. No Bryce, I don't expect you and Intel to fix Microsoft's issue. I do expect you to bug them about it until it is fixed because it does make you look bad.

But all of that aside, there is an updated driver out there. I'd like to try it. It isn't available through Windows Update (what you call WU) and it isn't available in the Microsoft Update Catalog. So my question still stands -- what is the ETA of the updated driver that you mentioned ACTUALLY being available?
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

but you do clown around when you are asking Intel to ask Microsoft to fix a driver which is Intels responsibility. . Good luck with intels reply.

If you do decide to stick with windows 10 you could try the following driver: http://www.intellimodder32.com/download-drivers/ http://www.intellimodder32.com/download-drivers/ . I did not test since I have downgraded to windows 8.0.

COMPATIBLE OS : WINDOWS 10 / 8.1 / 8 / 7

PHDGD Omega 5 (Intel HD 2000/3000)

or as a second option (not sure if it supports windows 10 but when you extract it seems that it is supported) 

http://leshcatlabs.net/downloads_unfil/ Downloads - leshcatlabs.net

Navigate to

C:\Drivers\Catalyst_15.11_Beta_UnifL_v1.0\Intel\9.17.10.4229\9.17.10.4229_win81_win10

You might need to do the following trick if the normal installation procedure fails (means drivers are not certified):

How to Install on Windows 8 or above:

1. Run Command Prompt as Admin.

2. Type: Code: bcdedit -set loadoptions DISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS Press ENTER bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING ON Press ENTER

3. Reboot, then install the driver and reboot again after install finish.

4. Enable again the Driver Signature Enforcement:Code:

bcdedit -set loadoptions ENABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS Press ENTER bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING OFF Press ENTER

5. Reboot again.

The minimum intel should have done to supports its clients was to produce a wddm 1.3 intel hd 3000 driver which would have been windows 10 compatible (intel hd 4000 driver is wddm 1.3 and its widi also works under windows 10).

The proper questions to intel is, will you produce a wddm 1.3 driver for intel hd 3000 in order to support both windows 8.1 and 10, in order to retain WiDi functionality which is an advertised feature?? They of course will recommend not to upgrade beyong windows 8.1 because there is no support for more than 3 years and windows 8.1 and windows 10 were produced beyond the 3 years support period (windows 8.1 actually is about 3 years from day of 2nd gen production but intel did not produce a compatible wddm 1.3 driver). If Intel did produce a wddm 1.3 driver for sandy bridge, now we would have not had this discussion. 

Bryce any comments? 

0 Kudos
RMaco
Novice

Hello Palmiris,

thank you for your effort here.

I do have the leshcat drivers installed and wanted to give the Omega drivers a try, because I thought they might be newer/better, during the install I was warned that this driver is older than the installed version.

I am quite happy with my lashcat drivers, everything works as expected (I only need a working browser, and video streaming), so my question is does anybody know the difference of these drivers and which one to prefer? thx.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

You are welcome. Thanks for sharing your experience with us.

Just 2 questions.

1. For a browser did you test Mozilla Firefox? What problems do you have with the browser?

2. For video streaming I use VLC (video lan). Do you have problems with the camera driver or skype in windows 10?? ?

0 Kudos
RMaco
Novice

Hello Palmiris,

I use Firefox for my browsing, also at the same time Chrome for my Mail/Calendar/Whatsapp etc, for streaming Netflix Edge Internet Explorer. Everything works as expected. (RAM 8GB)

On my Laptop I do not use VLC, but if you want I can test it, just tell me what material to test (HEVC, 1080p, 720p etc)

I do not own a web-camera nor do I use Skype, so I cannot say anything.

---

cu

R.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Sorry I thought you had a problem because you said ,,,,,,,"(I only need a working browser, and video streaming)"

no need to test anything. It was just me asking more info on the above comment.

I recommend you stick with the driver you already installed which is working fine.

Regards

Intel any good news???? Will you produce a wddm 1.3 for intel hd 3000?? I have stopped hoping 95%, only 5% hope is remaining..

0 Kudos
hnaka18
Beginner

Hi,

I'm frustrated as well. Buy three years ago two Lenovo's Thinkcentre 71 edge, that have the HD2000 graphics.

So now I want stay away from any computer with discount, there must are a reason.

I think the best thing to do is to writing an easy to read article in properly English, and sent it to a few computer magazines.

The more it "ready to publish", the more chance it is published as they don't have to do some modifications.

0 Kudos
RMaco
Novice

I do not think there will be any news, so my hope has reached 0 (zero) percent.

I will definitly stay away from Intel procucts in the next time, some kind of revenge, as I do not need a lot it is easy ... lol

There was not much interest in german computer magazines about this problems ... so I was suprised about the huge reports on Samsung products failing Windows 10 update in the last weeks.

It is a shame FYI is already occupied, otherwise we could have used this shortcut for F** you Intel. lol. (just joking)

0 Kudos