Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20955 Discussions

Intel HD Graphics 4000 graphics driver

Raymantu
Novice

Hi, I have this Asus A55VD laptop and according to Aida's report it has Intel HD Graphics 4000.

Raymantu_0-1716831165430.png

The problem I have is that it does not recognize the graphic in windows 10.

And this would be the error that appears on the screen

Raymantu_1-1716831505077.png

I have contacted intel for help and they tell me that since the driver is discontinued, they cannot help me.

I am therefore writing to you to ask for your help in finding a solution to this problem.
Where can I get a compatible and functional driver.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

The driver that you want to try is v15.33.53.5161, which (also) provides processors with Intel HD Graphics 4000 with support for DirectX 11.0, OpenGL 4.0 and OpenCL 1.2. Unfortunately, Intel is not providing download support for these discontinued processors, so external sources must be used. I have a copy of this package in my archive, but it is too large to be posted here. I have placed a copy of the package in my Onedrive share so that you can download it. Here is a link for this share: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AtacZBU04mo-kKYC-ZscC-c2BlQKiQ. You want to download file GFX_Win7_8.1_10_x64_15.33.53.5161.zip.

Hope this helps - and let me know how it goes,

...S

Raymantu
Novice

Hello Noscott.pearson,
Thank you very much for your very useful help, please note that it has worked correctly with ver.15.33....

Now I have another problem with the second nVidia G 610M graphics card, and that is that it is not compatible.
I have contacted nvidia support and they tell me that it is old and not supported.
Do you know anything about this drive...could you please help me.

0 Kudos
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II
Raymantu
Novice

Once again I thank you for your help in solving the problem I had with the graphic.
It installed correctly.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

There are a lot of older graphics cards that Nvidia has dropped support for. There is nothing that I can do to help with this. I believe that there is an archive of older drivers available through the Internet Archive (The WayBack Machine) if you know how to use it.

Hope this helps,

....S

n_scott_pearson
Super User

Thank you Stefan,

...S

0 Kudos