Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20622 Discussions

Intel HD Graphics 4400 on UHD monitor?

PAqui2
Beginner

Hello I have a laptop running on Intel HD Graphics 4400 and am trying to use a spare external Samsung UHD monitor (U28D590D). From what I've read it seems that the Intel HD 4400 does not support UHD/4K but I'm wondering why I cant run the display at 1080p since my Xbox One (Original version without 4K) works fine and displays 1080p. Whenever I connect my laptop to the monitor the display just goes black. So is there anyway I can run this monitor on my laptop and force a lower resolution?

Things to note

• Laptop is not the problem as it can connect to several other 1080p monitors I have
  • Cable is not an issue as well as I've tested the cable to be working with different devices
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello PAqui2,

Thank you for posting your question on this Intel® Community.

To better assist you, we would like to have more information about your setup. Please provide us with the following information:

• DxDiag* report
  1. Go to Start > Run or Windows Key + R.
  2. On the Run prompt, type "dxdiag" then click OK.
  3. On the DirectX Diagnostic Tool window, click on Save All Information.
  4. Browse to a folder, type in a filename then click Save.

• How are you connecting the monitor to the computer? (e.g. HDMI*, DisplayPort*, etc.) Are you using adapters?

• With the monitor connected to the computer, please generate a graphics report.
  1. Open the Intel® Graphics Control Panel.
  2. Click on "Options and Support".
  3. On the "Information Center" tab, click on "Save" and choose a location on your computer to save the report.

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
PAqui2
Beginner

Okay I have the DxDiag report saved as a .txt file but unsure on how to send it as I don't see anywhere I can insert a file.

As for the the connection to the monitor I'm using a HDMI and recently did some further testing and I can connect my laptop via HDMI cable to my 4K TV and it works fine at 2160p at 30Hz. I've also tried to connect another laptop to the monitor and it is experience the same issue of screen just going black.

I can't produce the graphics report with the monitor plugged in because the computer isn't detecting the monitor at all yet I can still use it on a device like my Xbox One and it still outputs a display of 1080p.

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hello PAqui2,

There is an option to browse files from your computer when you post your response.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hello PAqui2,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance, please post a new question.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos