Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Intel® HD Graphics 4600 Driver Problem ( Sleep Mode Problem)

Usama_yasir
Beginner

I am facing this problem i have installed window 10 pro and whenever i tried to install Intel® HD Graphics 4600 Driver from the website it get installed properly and also work fine. but the problem i face is that when i put my laptop on sleep and when i tried to wake it up it wont start and the keyboard and power button lights are one then i have to hard restart my laptop and when i un installed this driver its work properly and my laptop goes to sleep and wake up easily. i have tried all the versions of driver but my problem is not solved. kindly help 

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Usama_yasir, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to be able to provide the most accurate assistance on this matter, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

What is the model of the motherboard?

If this is a laptop, what is the model of it?

Is this a new computer?

When did the issue start?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?

Which specific Windows* version are you using?

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
Usama_yasir
Beginner

model of motherboard : PDVLEG21W6UD5A

HP ZBOOK 15 CORE I7 5th Gen Laptop

no it is not a new laptop. I'm facing this issue from one week. I have installed a new window since then i'm facing this error. i have installed the window again but still i'm facing this error.

Graphic driver is creating this error. whenever i un installed it my laptop works fine but  then i cant change my graphics setting

WINDOWS 10 PRO

@Alberto_Sykes 

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Usama_yasir, Thank you very much for providing that information.

We recommend to install the graphics driver provided by the manufacturer of the computer/board, since that driver was customized by them work with your specific platform. I looked on HP's web site for the HP ZBOOK 15 but there are different versions, please provide the SSU report so we can confirm those details:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

You mentioned "whenever i uninstalled it my laptop works fine", that means that if you go to "Devie Manager" you see the Microsoft Basic Display driver?

When you say "I have installed a new window since then i'm facing this error. I have installed the window again but still, I'm facing this error." that means that you re-install Windows from scratch or you did a Windows* update?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Usama_yasir
Beginner

I have downloaded the dedicated driver from the official website. yes it works fine on Microsoft Basic Display driver and yes i did a window update( i have also tried by un-installing the window updates but nothing happened). 

@Alberto_Sykes 

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hi Usama_yasir, Thank you very much for sharing the report.

Just to let you know, the Intel® HD Graphics 4600 is a controller that it is not that new, and the thing about that scenario is that Intel® most likely will not be doing new releases of Graphics drivers for this controller.

Did you get in contact directly with HP to gather the instructions to do a BIOS update to the latest version?

This problem does it happen with the build-in display or with an external display?

How were you able to set the laptop to go to sleep when using the Microsft Basic Display driver if that driver does not have the functionality to do that? 

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello Usama_yasir, I just wanted to check if you saw the information posted previously and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello Usama_yasir, Since I have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, just reply back or post a new question.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos