Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20788 Discussions

Intel HD Graphics 4600 problems on new Driver on Windows 10!

ACarv3
Novice

Hi,

I have a laptop Asus K450JF with a graphic Intel HD Graphics 4600 and NVIDIA GeForce GT 745M.

You never gave me any trouble on Windows 8.1. Now I installed Windows 10 and installed the latest driver from intel. But now I have graphics problems. In<span style="color: # 222222; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 16...

44 Replies
ACarv3
Novice

Hi Bryce@Intel ,

I can not explain exactly what happened. Only a few weeks left a new update for the graphics in Windows Update, exactly with the same driver version. But this does not present the problem! Appearing to be a version but corrected.

As you can see in the picture, has two drivers installed exactly the same version. One has problems, was the first released version that had the problems described in this topic.

The second version came a few weeks on Windows Update, fix it on my computer but it presents the same version.

Now my whole system works well, I do not know if other people also received the update and also resolved the problem.

0 Kudos
Bryce__Intel
Employee

Well, that's fantastic to hear. Phantom fixes are a mystery, and I'm happy this is resolved.

Speculating, perhaps the one that fixes your concerns is the custom driver from the OEM which has their specific fixes for your platform. We do always encourage users to utilize the OEM's custom drivers instead of the Intel generic drivers for this very reason. You'd have to do a file compare to the igfx INF to see if they're different. Otherwise chalk it up to a win and enjoy your now working system. I'm happy things are resolved now for you.

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

The site linked below explains about Intel(R) graphics (generic or customized)

http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-028686.htm Graphics Drivers — Intel® Graphics Driver Frequently Asked Questions

Allan.

0 Kudos