Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20492 Discussions

Intel HD Graphics 520 support two monitors and a laptop screen?

MMate1
Beginner

Hi!

Hope you are well.

I have a Dell Latitude E7470 with Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6600U CPU @ 2.60GHz , GenuineIntel and I was looking to connect a second VGA monitor with a cable VGA to HDMI to an adapter HDMI to mini DP.

I already have a second Dell monitor working from DVI to HDMI.

Regarding the second monitor, it shows as no signal and it's not recognized by the laptop.

I've tried swaping the screens by connecting the mini dp adaptor to the other cable from DVI to HDMI and also doesn't work.

Can you please check if this graphic card supports a VGA monitor and what adaptors do I need to use (active/passive)?

Thanks

- "Display"

Intel ® Graphics Driver Version:"22.20.16.4836"

- "Intel(R) HD Graphics 520"

Adapter Compatibility:"Intel Corporation"

Adapter DAC Type:"Internal"

Adapter RAM:"1.00 GB"

Availability:"Running or Full Power"

Bits Per Pixel:"32"

- "Caption":"Intel(R) HD Graphics 520"

Link:" http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/search.html?keyword=HD+Graphics+520"

CoInstallers:"oem24.inf,iSKLD_w10_DS,Internal,Intel(R) HD Graphics Family"

Color Table Entries:"4294967296"

Dedicated Video Memory:"Not Available"

Driver:"igdkmd64.sys"

Driver Date:"10/17/2017 01:00 AM"

Driver Path:"C:\WINDOWS\system32\DriverStore\FileRepository\ki125177.inf_amd64_d9d520fc51d8a7f4\igdkmd64.sys"

Driver Provider:"Intel Corporation"

Driver Version:"22.20.16.4836"

INF:"oem24.inf"

INF Section:"iSKLD_w10_DS"

Install Date:"Not Available"

Installed Drivers:"C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\ki125177.inf_amd64_d9d520fc51d8a7f4\igdumdim64.dll,C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\ki125177.inf_amd64_d9d520fc51d8a7f4\igd10iumd64.dll,C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\ki125177.inf_amd64_d9d520fc51d8a7f4\igd10iumd64.dll,C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\ki125177.inf_amd64_d9d520fc51d8a7f4\igd12umd64.dll"

Last Error Code:"Not Available"

Last Error Code Description:"Not Available"

Last Reset:"Not Available"

Manufacturer:"Intel Corporation"

Microsoft DirectX* Version:"DirectX 12"

Monochrome:"No"

Number of Colors:"4294967296"

Number of Video Pages:"Not Available"

PNP Device ID:"PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1916&SUBSYS_06DC1028&REV_07\3&11583659&0&10"

Power Management Capabilities:"Not Available"

Power Management Supported:"Not Available"

Refresh Rate - Current:"59 Hz"

Refresh Rate - Maximum:"59 Hz"

Refresh Rate - Minimum:"48 Hz"

Resolution:"1920 X 1080"

Scan Mode:"Noninterlaced"

Service Name:"igfx"

Video Architecture:"VGA"

Video Memory:"Unknown"

Video Processor:"Intel(R) HD Graphics Family"

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Phoebos,

I understand that you are having problems when connecting a second monitor aside from the first one and the laptop screen, I apologize for any inconvenience this may be causing.

Regarding this, the processor actually can take up to 3 displays, this means that the current configuration you are trying should work just fine. However, please bear in mind that Intel* does not recommend the use of any kind of adapters.This is because we cannot test all of them, so we cannot guarantee that these are going to work. We can recommend you to update your graphics driver, that in some cases will fix the problem.

Currently, you have the latest driver released by the OEM (Dell) which is what we recommend since they could be customized to work properly with the computer. However, if you would like to try we have a newer version for your processor/graphics, the only difference is that our drivers are generic while the OEM ones are specifically customized for the computer:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27412/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-60-?product=88192 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27412/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-60-?product=88192

I cannot guarantee that using the driver will solve the problem you currently have as mentioned before since you are trying an adapter. However, it is a step that can be followed for testing, nevertheless the 3-monitor configuration should be possible if you use a cable for example HDMI to HDMI or Display Port to Display Port.

I hope you find this helpful.

Regards,

David V

0 Kudos
MMate1
Beginner

Thanks David for your reply.

I've tried to install the driver but as you mentioned because it's not optimized for Dell, it doesn't allow me to install.

At this point, I will need to try with a different adaptor to test.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Phoebos,

Thank you for your response,

We can try the following steps in order to properly install the driver, even when the driver is generic it should still work fine. Please follow the steps below:

1. Download the graphics driver ZIP file: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27412/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-60-%3Fproduct%3D88192 Unzip the file to a designated location or folder.

3. Right-click Windows Start icon and open Device Manager.

4. Click Yes when prompted for permission from User Account Control.

5. Expand the Display adapters section.

6. Right-click the Intel® graphics entry and select Update Driver Software.

7. Click "Browse my computer for driver software".

8. Click "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer".

9. Click "Have Disk".

10. Click "Browse".

11. Access the designated location or folder, and access a folder called "Graphics".

12. Select the file called "igdlh64" or "igdlh".

13. Click Open, then click OK, and finally click Next. Drivers are now being installed.

14. Reboot your computer.

And let me know if you have any issues during the installation.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Phoebos,

I am following-up with your case and I see that we have not heard back from you.

Is there anything else I can do for you?

Do not hesitate to reply for further help.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos