Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
Announcements
All support for Intel NUC 7 - 13 systems has transitioned to ASUS. Read latest update.
20331 Discussions

Intel HD Graphics 530 causes permanent black screen on startup?

Magere
Beginner

Recently my laptop has been having a problem where after I turn it on it shows the logo and then a permanent black screen without moving on to the login screen. The only solution I have been able to find is to start it in safe mode and uninstall the Intel driver which will temporarily work but then Windows 10 will auto-update and reinstall the driver which means the next time I turn it on I have to do this entire process again.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Bastler-42
Beginner

Hi.

I had much the same problem, try this:

community.intel.com/t5/Graphics/Black-screen-with-Intel-Graphics-Driver-15-40-on-Windows-10/m-p/1246978#M93453

Regards.

0 Kudos
Magere
Beginner

I tried your solution and unfortunately I still have the same problem. Thanks for the attempt though.

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Hello Magere

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. To investigate, please share the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) results:

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let us know if you still need assistance.  

Best regards,  

David G.  

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Best regards,  

David G. 

0 Kudos