Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20786 Discussions

Intel HD Graphics 530 lags in 4K on Zenbook Pro UX501VW

PProd3
Novice

Hello!

I have an Asus Zenbook Pro UX501VW with i7-6700HQ, 16GB of RAM, GTX 960M, 512 PCIe SSD and UHD display. From the moment I bought this laptop, it is constantly lagging.

By lagging I mean: Windows 10 UI (animations when Start is on fullscreen for example) is around 30FPS, sometimes even below. The performance in browser is just as poor: scrolling is between 15 and 45 FPS (The FPS was measured in Google Chrome with a plugin). Playing 4K 60FPS on YouTube is impossible. The sound is not synchronized with the video and the video itself lags.

I have a clean installed Windows 10 Home with the latest drivers (now running Intel HD Graphics version 4664).

Could you help me? It's really annoying for such an expensive ultrabook.

I also contacted Asus but they told me to go in service. I still believe that there aren't any hardware faults.

Thank you!

44 Replies
SBara4
Beginner

Hello Pavel,

Thank you.

Have you alerted also Asus support with this issue?

Regards

0 Kudos
PProd3
Novice

Yes. No chance. They don't give 2 cents on me. I'm worthless for them. They always told me to go to service (and I was one time), but my laptop doesn't have a physical issue. Actually, all my discussions with them were worthless. Nobody truly wanted to help me

0 Kudos
SBara4
Beginner

Yes, i know the situation.

I had the same experience, all they told me is to return the device but that would have resulted in just a loss of time on my side, since we know the issue is by-design and somewhere else.

I think this forum is the best place and i really hope Intel finds a solution that seems to be relevant for more devices than Asus Zenbook.

That said, probably some Facebook / twitter complaints on Asus website would help, i am going to report the situation so other users are warned.

Best

0 Kudos