Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21003 Discussions

Intel HD Graphics 530 won't respond

GRick
Beginner

I have an i7-6700k and an MSI Z170A Tomahawk Motherboard.

I have the HDMI cable out from the Motherboard, into a Yamaha Aventage 1020-A receiver. When I start the computer up, everything is working. When I shut off the receiver and TV, and then turn it back on, the Graphics card never comes back on. I have to reboot the computer to get it to respond again.
0 Kudos
6 Replies
IUman
Honored Contributor II

Hello Zorat,

Thank you for joining the Intel communities.

Just checking – Are you using a video card or the integrated graphics?

• Did the system work fine before and then failed or it never worked?
  • Are you using straight connection or adapters? If you are using an adapter please try using straight connection instead.

• Have you tried using different HDMI cable, high quality cable?

Best wishes,

Ivan

0 Kudos
GRick
Beginner

Just checking – Are using a video card or the integrated graphics? (Integrated Graphics, why I posted here)

• Did the system work fine before and then failed or it never worked? (Yes worked fine with a Zotac GT640)
  • Are you using straight connection or adapters? If you are using an adapter please try using straight connection instead. (Direct Cable)

• Have you tried using different HDMI cable, high quality cable? (This is a high quality cable that has worked for over a year and works fine with the Zotac Card)

0 Kudos
GRick
Beginner

Verified, I tried both the latest, AND the Beta, and neither fixes the issue.

0 Kudos
IUman
Honored Contributor II

If you use the driver from the motherboard manufacturer do you get the same problem?

https://www.msi.com/product/motherboard/support/Z170A-TOMAHAWK.html# down-bios https://www.msi.com/product/motherboard/support/Z170A-TOMAHAWK.html# down-bios

NOTE: This link is being offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel of the content, products, or services offered there.

Try also Windows graphics driver and see if you get the same problem, update all of the drivers from your motherboard manufacturer that you can find in the link above.

I'm sorry I'm just trying to isolate the issue.

0 Kudos
GRick
Beginner

Well, After I uninstalled and reinstalled the beta drives, it is working so far.

I am going to see how it works over the next week, and if it keeps working, I think that is the solution.

Thanks,

Geoff

0 Kudos
IUman
Honored Contributor II

I'm glad that your issue has been resolved and thank you for letting me know, I hope you can have a better experience from now on.

0 Kudos