Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21060 Discussions

Intel HD Graphics 5500 - Hardware or Driver problems?

SKeil
Beginner

Hi,

I have heavy problems with my Intel Core i5-5200U integrated GPU. After installing the the driver (from intel page (win64_154028.4501) or directly from HP) I got many graphic errors, black screens, flickerering (watch the video) -- at the end, die notebook shutted down or I got a BSOD. The problems are the same in Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and Windows 10 Pro x64. With the default vga-driver from windows there are no problems. Is this a driver problem or does the CPU/GPU has an hardware-failure?

Which data you need to focus the error?

config:

HP 350 G2

-Intel Core i5-5200U

-4GB DDR3 RAM

-256 GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello mdkeil:

Remember that our drivers are generic and depending on the product or laptop that you are using some of them might work properly, but some other drivers might not work as good.

Based on that, for laptops we always recommend to use the drivers provided by the manufacturer, in this case HP, but another option for drivers will be the ones that belong to Windows.

Since you already tried 4501, and the drivers from HP, at this point we suggest to use the Windows drivers, since the laptop works properly when you use them, and there is no need to update them if the laptop works fine that way.

Any questions, please let me know.

Alberto

0 Kudos
RRash
Beginner

I have Lenovo G50-80 with 2gb AMD Redeon and Intel 5500 HD graphics, my screen start flickering when i installed intel 5500 HD, i tried different version but no solution even i re-installed windows ..... please help its very annoying

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello RasheedAli:

Thank you very much for sharing those pictures.

If you already tried the driver 4501 and the problem persists, then the best thing to do will be to get in contact with Lenovo directly, in order to get further technical or warranty assistance.

For us to be able to start an investigation on this subject, please submit your inquiry on a new thread, the reason for that is that every scenario is different, even if the same product is being used, so, for us to further assist you and also in order for us to help you with the specific problem the PC might have, please submit a new thread.

Let me apologize for any inconvenience.

Regards

Alberto

0 Kudos