Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20635 Discussions

Intel HD Graphics 610 poor quality play video

minochino
Beginner

Hello, I need help, I have a mini PC Dell Optiplex 3050 CPU G4560T - Intel HD Graphics 610 - 8GB RAM - Windows 10 64bit connected from a Xiaomi QLED TV type Q155E 55" 4K via HDMI cable. When playing a video from Youtube, I have a poor quality image, especially can be seen on people's faces, maps are also created. I have Windows 10 set to 3840x2160, 30000 Hz refresh rate, 8-bit bit depth. Intel HD Graphics 610 shared graphics driver version 27.20.100.9664, I also tried newer version 30, but without change.

When I connect the mini PC to a classic fullHD monitor, everything goes well, good image quality.

Thanks for any advice

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Senkuchan
Valued Contributor I
Have you try updating the driver using the dell website? Because its custom made for your computer. Here’s the link: https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-ph/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=wh2jj&oscode=wt64a&productcode=optiplex-3050-desktop

You can try it. Still, can you share a screenshot of the issue so we can check it?
0 Kudos
minochino
Beginner

Hi, 431493594_785372796775691_7694526381809361051_n.jpgI tried updating the driver using the dell website but it didn't help. I am sending a screenshot of the screen where you can see the problem of shadows when watching the video.

0 Kudos
Senkuchan
Valued Contributor I
Does this issue occur only when you watch a youtube video? Also, have you attempted to use a different browser? Additionally, you can modify the color of your system by following this link: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000058395/graphics.html
0 Kudos
minochino
Beginner

problem solved, I installed Linux Mint, the image is excellent. well thank you

0 Kudos
JordanHall
Beginner

Hello! It seems like you're facing resolution and image quality issues when connecting your Dell Optiplex 3050 mini PC to your Xiaomi QLED TV. Let's try to troubleshoot and resolve the problem.

1. TV Settings:

• Check your TV settings to ensure that it is set to its native resolution (4K).
    • Look for any image enhancement features on the TV (sharpness, motion smoothing, etc.) and try turning them off to see if it improves the quality.
  2. HDMI Cable:

• Make sure you are using a high-quality HDMI cable that supports 4K resolution. If possible, try a different cable to rule out any issues.
  3. Intel Graphics Settings:

• Right-click on the desktop and select "Graphics Options" or "Graphics Properties."
    • Check if there are any settings related to video/image quality and experiment with different configurations.
    • Ensure that the display settings match the capabilities of your TV.
  4. Windows Display Settings:

• Right-click on the desktop and select "Display Settings."
    • Confirm that the display resolution is set to 3840x2160.
    • Try changing the refresh rate to the highest supported by your TV (commonly 60Hz for 4K displays).
  5. YouTube Settings:

• While playing a video on YouTube, click on the settings (gear) icon and check the video quality settings. Make sure it is set to the highest available (4K).
  6. Update Graphics Drivers:

• Ensure that your graphics drivers are up to date. Visit the official Intel website to download and install the latest drivers for your Intel HD Graphics 610.
  7. Color Depth:

• In the Intel Graphics settings or Windows display settings, try adjusting the color depth to 10-bit if your TV supports it.
  8. TV Firmware:

• Check if there are any firmware updates available for your Xiaomi QLED TV. Sometimes, TV firmware updates can address compatibility issues.
  9. Custom Resolutions:

• In the Intel Graphics settings, experiment with creating a custom resolution and set the parameters accordingly.
0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

@JordanHall    Do you answer everything with chatgpt?

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos