I have a new Notebook Lenovo V510-15IKB OS Win10 Pro, with built in HD Graphics 620, with which I am totally unsatisfied, because I have already invested multiple fruitless hours trying to solve the following problems.
Firstly, I am unable to get any sound over the HDMI cable on LG 65UJ634V TV directly or over ONKYO TX-NR737 AV receiver, or on Samsung LE52B750 TV. After inserting the HDMI cable, in Control Panel --> Sounds --> HDMI never appears, and sound always plays through notebook built-in speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio).
I have tried everything suggested in the link: https://www.windowstechit.com/4237/windows-10-hdmi-audio-not-working/ https://www.windowstechit.com/4237/windows-10-hdmi-audio-not-working/
In short, the following did not help:
- Fresh installation of Win 10 with SSD format. Windows had the latest updates.
- Installing drivers using Intel driver update tool, after uninstalling the Intel(R) HD Graphics 620 and Intel(R) Display Audio drivers in Device Manager (also checking the option to delete the drivers while uninstalling).
- Uninstalling the Intel Graphics and Audio drivers while in MSCONFIG --> Safe Mode (Minimal) --> Reboot again in Safe Mode (Minimal) --> installing drivers using Intel Driver win64_188.8.131.5294.exe
- Uninstalling the Realtek High Definition Audio alongwith the above 2 drivers
- Installing the drivers using the Lenovo Update tool (driver versions are mostly older than those installed using Intel Update tool)
- Installing the latest drivers in Update Driver inside Windows Device Manager
Secondly, over the HDMI cable, the notebook is unable to send video signal in 4K resolution to the 4K LG 65UJ634V TV directly (different HDMI Inputs already tested) or over the ONKYO TX-NR737 AV receiver. Here I have tested all the different refresh rates, but 4K is never listed as a possible output resolution.
For your information, just as a test to check the hardware, I am able to get sound over HDMI on my Onkyo and TV over "Ubuntu Live" Session, but no 4K video.
Can you please suggest me what to do to resolve the problems in Windows 10? Attached some Infos you might need for troubleshooting.
Thank you for joining the community.
I see that you are having concerns about the Intel® HD graphics on the Lenovo system that you have, allow me to help you investigate the case.
Allow me to share with you that we have perfume several tests with the Intel® HD graphics version in several 184.108.40.20694 on several Intel® HD graphics controllers and we have not encountered problems to 4k resolutions or to get audio output on the display, I see that you have performed several testing with different driver including the drivers provided by the original equipment manufacturer (OEM) in the system trying to solve the issue and there were no positive results.
On my experience the issue that you are facing with the 4K resolution could be due of a OEM customize settings for the build in display that might block other resolutions; talking about the audio issue that you are facing since you have tested different displays and cables and you are not able to get audio output this might be a port hardware issue. I would recommend contacting the OEM to test these problems on the exact same system.