Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20603 Discussions

Intel HD Graphics Control Panel Does Not Have "Maintain Aspect Ratio" Or "Scale Full Screen"

JMari14
Beginner

I do not know why this is, but it has been really bugging my friend (who doesn't have an Intel account so is relying on me...) that he can't maintain aspect ratio, as he is used to playing with a 4:3 resolution, un-stretched, on his 16:10 resolution (1440 x 900) computer. I do not know whether his computer is outdated or not but I have been searching for answers, yet can't find one that is clear. Because there is neither of the two settings, he has to play with a stretched 4:3 resolution due to "Maintain Display Scaling". Is there anyway to fix this problem and to maintain aspect ratio while playing on a widescreen computer? Please help, since I can't even find this answer. Thank you

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JMari14
Beginner

Windows 10

He's running on an HP w1907 monitor

Intel(R) HD Graphics (no number)

Pentium J2900

0 Kudos
Oscar_A_Intel1
Employee

Hello JMari14,

Thank you for posting on the Intel Community.

I understand that your friend does not have the option to “Maintain Aspect Ratio” or “Scale Full Screen”.

1. Could you please try the latest graphics for the Intel® Graphics of his processor? Here’s the download link: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28799/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-33-?product=85552

2. Also, have you tried checking if the monitor has the option to manually set the Aspect Ratio?

If the prior steps do not work, please provide the system report using the Intel® System Support Utility. Download link: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

Hope this helps!

Oscar A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
Oscar_A_Intel1
Employee

Hello JMari14,

I'd like to know if you were able to fix the problem by following the steps previously provided?

Regards,

Oscar A.

0 Kudos
Oscar_A_Intel1
Employee

Hello JMari14,

I will proceed to close this inquiry now. If you still need further assistance, please post a new question.

Best regards,

Oscar A.

0 Kudos