Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20948 Discussions

Intel HD Graphics keeps on crashing right after installation "Intel HD Graphics has stopped responding and has recovered error".

idata
Employee

Problem: Intel HD Graphics keeps on crashing right after installation "Intel HD Graphics has stopped responding and has recovered error".

I had this error when I recently upgraded my RAM to 4gb (original RAM was 2gb), but it did not start directly to crash. I was thinking that the upgrade was successful because it did not proceed to give me errors but it only started a few minutes right after I was playing DOTA 2 on my laptop. Right after then it kept crashing not when I was playing games but when I boot up my laptop the screen will turn black with a cursor and the computer beep of Windows 10 notification sound that something has been attached then ejected much like a flashdrive inserted and ejected.

I have tried the following before writing my dilemma here:

Tried system restore

Made a clean install

Inserted my old RAM

Tried the TdrDelay registry tweak (to no avail)

Updated the BIOS to the latest one

I can fully use my laptop normally when I either disable the installed INTEL HD GRAPHICS or uninstall it and use Microsoft Display Adapter.

I really need to install the Intel HD graphics driver without problems because since a graphics card helps a lot in the performance of a computer.

PS: My laptop only has 1 slot for RAM.

LAPTOP MODEL: Acer Aspire ES1-431-P1SH

RAM used for upgrade: http://www.lazada.com.ph/kingston-value-ram-4gb-1600mhz-pc3-12800-ddr3l-135v-non-ecc-cl11sodimm-1rx8-laptop-memory-ram-4391005.html http://www.lazada.com.ph/kingston-value-ram-4gb-1600mhz-pc3-12800-ddr3l-135v-non-ecc-cl11sodimm-1rx8-laptop-memory-ram-4391005.html

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi mydome15,

I understood your laptop is working with the new memory stick; however, you are having issues with graphics driver.

I suggest you to update the BIOS of your laptop then, run Windows® 10 update. Intel provides with generic drivers but pre-build systems such as laptops require a customized driver by the laptop manufacturer.

Aspire ES1-431

http://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers Download Drivers and Manuals | Acer Official Site

Regards,

Mike C

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you for replying it's very much appreciated.

I have already updated my BIOS to the latest one after searching for several more forums for an answer. Also I am well aware of the generic and customized drivers for certain laptops of which I have also tried to do, download and install. In relation to this I am still having the same error and I keep on going to safe mode just to be able to disable the Intel HD graphics driver and use the Microsoft Basic Adapter. What I did notice is when I finish installing the Intel HD graphics driver besides the fact that it will crash and leave my computer unresponsive; I look at the Device Manager during safe mode with the graphic driver installed and see a balloon over the Generic PnP Monitor after installation, is this a clue to the problem?

Hence there is no warning sign over the Generic PnP monitor when I use the Microsoft Basic Adapter.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi mydome15,

If you are getting a warning message at device manager, make sure your system has the latest chipset driver and verify if there is available a driver for the display.

Mike C

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi mydome15,

I am following your case. Let me know if I can help you with anything else.

Mike C
0 Kudos