Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Intel HD Graphics weird version

KLoza
Beginner

Hi,

The thing is, i used the intel driver update utility 2.0, and updated my graphics card driver, it updated because i uninstalled the "YAC" application, but when i checked it in my device manager and the graphics properties of Intel it shows version "9.17.10.3517" but in the Intel driver update utility it showed me version "15.28.22.64.3517".

I updated my Intel HD Graphics driver with "Intel Driver Update Utility 2.0", i have a version of "9.17.10.3517" and i'm going to update to "15.28.22.64.3517", but the thing is, after updating and restarting, the weird part is that my graphic driver versions is still in "9.17.10.3517", according to "Intel Graphics and Media Control Panel" and "Device Manager" but in the "Intel Driver Update Utility" it says i got version "15.28.22.64.3517". It's weird i hope someone can help me with this.

Device Manager

Intel Graphics and Media Control Panel

Intel Driver Update Utility

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Hello Akame, thanks for joining the graphics community.

I would like to inform you that the system is not able to update the driver since it looks like it already has the latest version available installed.

In our site the driver version 15.28.22.3517 is the latest version available for the HD3000, however this is the generic driver. That is the reason why the beginning of the version is different.

Usually OEM systems do not allow the installation of our drivers since they are generic. OEMs make a lot of customizations to the drivers and the installation of Intel's drivers could overwrite those customizations. Therefore it will affect your system.

Regards,

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ww2
Novice

It's something not only Intel likes to do but also other GPU makers: have multiple version numbers refering to the same thing. At least the last part, presumably the build number, is consistent.

The .64. there refers to the 64-bit variant, so you can ignore it.

The ones I'm using are similar: 10.18.10.4061 / 15.33.32.4061.

BTW, you're lucky to still have the pre-Metro settings GUI. It's not that great, but better than the new thing.

Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Hello Akame, thanks for joining the graphics community.

I would like to inform you that the system is not able to update the driver since it looks like it already has the latest version available installed.

In our site the driver version 15.28.22.3517 is the latest version available for the HD3000, however this is the generic driver. That is the reason why the beginning of the version is different.

Usually OEM systems do not allow the installation of our drivers since they are generic. OEMs make a lot of customizations to the drivers and the installation of Intel's drivers could overwrite those customizations. Therefore it will affect your system.

Regards,

KLoza
Beginner

Thanks for letting me understand what's going on, since this is the only problem i had. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

You are more than welcome Akame.

I found these articles that contain additional information on these drivers, in case you want to read them.

http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-011363.htm?wapkw=driver+version Graphics Drivers — Identifying Your Graphics Driver Version

http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-020667.htm Graphics Drivers — Understanding The Intel® Graphics Driver Version Number

Regards,

0 Kudos