Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20629 Discussions

Intel HD4000 multiscreen resets display intermittently

MvanH
Beginner

I have a Lenovo Thinkpad T530, windows 8.1 pro is installed, I use the laptop screen as the main screen and an external monitor

as the secondary monitor. After some time the screen resets and all windows that were on the secondary screen are on my

primary screen. This is annoying as I usually have information on the secondary that I copy to a different program on my primary

screen. The driver version is 10.18.10.3345, several weeks ago I had a driver installed that didn't had this problem, but I was unable

to setup a rdp session to the machine. With this version driver I'm able to setup a rdp session but the screen resets. Is there a

solution so I can use rdp and dual screens without resetting the display from time to time ?

Thanks,

Martin

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Hi MartinZB,

The latest video driver version 3345 should keep mode persistence at all times. If you are saying the screen resets multi-monitor settings might be due to any power settings you have enabled through Power Options, Control Panel or your power options mode might be resetting multi monitor settings.

Allan.

0 Kudos
MvanH
Beginner

I've checked the power settings and all are configured to get max performance, my colleagues have

the same laptop and are also using Windows 8.1 and have no problems with the display resetting.

The only difference is that my system was upgraded from Win 8 pro to Windows 8.1 pro preview to

windows 8.1 pro (through store update).

Using the system with just a single display I don't experience the problem, only when using an extra monitor

it is like the monitor gets disconnected (cable removed from connector). Sometimes this happens several times in a row.

Best,

Martin

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

The latest version has been tested with multi-monitor options and no issues were encountered. I would recommend getting customized drivers from your computer manufacturer and check if your still have same problem:

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/default.page?selector=expand http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/default.page?selector=expand

Allan.

0 Kudos