Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20635 Discussions

Intel HD4600 multiple ghost monitors

RRigh
Beginner

Hi, it's quite a while now that my system shows multiple monitors that do not exist (Driver 20.19.15.4531)

I've tryed different things with no success and have been waiting for an update hoping for a fix but it's driving me crazy.

Here is my beautiful 5-monitors setup:

I attacched the SSU, I hope there's a workaround till next update.

Similar issues:

http://superuser.com/questions/1142103/how-to-get-rid-of-random-ghost-monitors-and-weird-behavior-with-graphics-adapt windows 10 - How to get rid of random "ghost" monitors and weird behavior with graphics adapter - Super User

Thanks,

Riccardo

0 Kudos
23 Replies
AFree3
Beginner

Intel Driver: Intel 4600 20.19.15.4531

Machine: Dell XPS 15 9530

When connecting to my Television via HDMI I'm getting 5 ghost monitors - the same as the original post. Disconnecting the TV results in # 6 disappearing, but # 2 through # 5 staying. If I completely uninstall & delete drivers I may be able to extend or duplicate my display, but after only a minute or so it will turn off and the ghost displays return. I should also note that no sound works either.

0 Kudos
SG15
Beginner

I had a similar issue and have semi-resolved it so I though I would share this.

In my case, even system tray icons that I had previously for Intel HD graphics were missing after update, and also like you multiple ghost monitors were shown but not accessible.

My particular experience is, yes this issue is with driver versions, mixed with Windows 10 versions. Creator update is what I have running.

This is what worked for me - I use Hyper-V and had virtualisation switched on in the BIOS.

(1) Disable Virtualisation support in BIOS

(2) Boot machine - You will see all the previously missing system tray stuff for Intel HD Graphics come back and monitors will be recognised

(3) Shut down machine

(4) Enable Virtualisation support in BIOS

(5) Reboot

All monitors will appear. If you change monitor setup you will have to repeat steps.

Warning, at shutdown (3) above and subsequent restart, there will be a delay, just be patient.

Sincerely hope this helps... very frustrating.

0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel

Hello Everyone,

Thank you so much for all your patience.

I would like to confirm that we already have a fix in place for this issue. This is scheduled to be included in the next 15.40 driver release, which should be coming out soon.

To increase visibility and make communication of updates easier, we are posting all news and updates on this thread:

Kindest Regards,

Ronald M.

0 Kudos