Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20603 Discussions

Intel HD515 does not wake up when display is off for over 2 minutes

BBant
Beginner

I have a Samsung Galaxy TabPro S (2 in 1 tablet PC) and after screen timeout is triggered and 2+ minutes have elapsed, the display will no longer wake up instantly on touchpad/keyboard click.

This leads back to the same black screen issue where the screen will not wake up after being off for an extended period of time.

I am 100% sure it is the intel graphics driver because after I uninstalled the driver and it was Microsoft Basic Graphic Adapter, the screen wakes up immediately even after 2+ minutes of the display being off.

Currently using 15.45.19.4678 intel graphics version driver.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello idkwho,

Thank you for contacting the Intel community.

Is this driver version downloaded from the Intel® download center website? If yes, please bear in mind that this is a generic graphics driver and you might need a customized driver provided directly from your computer manufacturer.

Are you able to install a driver from your computer manufacturer website? If yes, do you get the same problem?

Please let me know.

Best regards,

Ivan U.

0 Kudos
BBant
Beginner

Hi Ivan,

I was originally on the manufacturer driver with the problem therefore I updated to the latest driver on intel website but the same problem persists. Could you please investigate this issue further.

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello,

I have sent you a private message.

Regards,

Ivan U.
0 Kudos