Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20620 Discussions

Intel IDSA, Graphics Driver failure

CStew2
New Contributor I

I just had a chat with Jose V online about this 

Case No:- 04776131

Intel's new release for HD4400 Graphics,  (v.15.40.46.5144) failed to install no less than five times.

The online assistant performed a remote and found out that the download was actually missing the correct files.

Until such time as the issue is resolved, I have reverted to an older but perfectly good driver.

I'm running Windows 10 Pro 64bit, Version 2004 OS build 19041.450

This is the very first time that IDSA has failed to install a new driver.

Current version I am using:- 15.40.45.5126.

Labels (1)
7 Replies
TahaNasir
Novice

You are right. The latest driver with version "15.40.46.5144" which was uploaded on 18/8/2020 on Intel's download center seem to be corrupted. I have tried to to install both the ".zip" file and the ".exe" file of the 64-bit of the same driver, but installation fails. The archieve seems to be corrupted of the checksum. The ".exe" file's digital signature data; the object did not verify. Meaning that the executable ".exe" file is also non-final or something wrong occured when Intel tries to sign the application with the code-signing ssl.

Intel should re-upload the driver again and fix this bug.

Tested on: Windows 10 Pro version 2004 build 19041.450

Graphics driver I have: Intel HD Graphics 4600

Processor: Intel Core™ i7-4800MQ

After this problem happens and driver fails to install, I was reverted to an old driver which is version "15.40.45.5126" which is good.

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello CStew2 and TahaNasir,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  

We understand that you were experiencing some issues with the driver uploaded to the download center.

In regards to that driver, I received a report that the driver is functional now.

Please try updating the driver and check results with me.

Intel® Graphics 4400 Driver for Windows*

Esteban D. 

Intel Technical Support Technician  

0 Kudos
CStew2
New Contributor I

@Esteban_D_Intel 

Just tried it and it failed to install with IDSA I don't think doing the exe or zip file will work

@Esteban_D_Intel 

@TahaNasir 

The problem is most definitely IDSA related, I have just successfully updated the driver to 5144 via the zip file.

All files there were present and correct.

@Esteban_D_Intel 

Please could Intel fix IDSA as the problem still is there.

@TahaNasir 

Download the zip file for 5144, and you'll see all files are there, the big clue came when I extracted all files, no hiccups with missing files.

0 Kudos
TahaNasir
Novice

Thank you all of you for your time and I am highly appreciate your work. Currently, I am downloading the file which is mentioned by @Esteban_D_Intel. I am going to give you the results after downloads completes.

Thank you very much. @CStew2 @Esteban_D_Intel 

0 Kudos
TahaNasir
Novice

Very special thanks for Intel's support @Esteban_D_Intel . The driver is now updated and installed without any bugs or errors. I really appreciate all the good job.

Dear @CStew2 you're right and both ".zip" or ".exe" file works  good.

Thank you and regards.

0 Kudos
CStew2
New Contributor I

@TahaNasir 

You're welcome.

Anything to help 

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello CStew2,

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored. 

Esteban D.  

Intel Technical Support Technician  

0 Kudos