Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Intel Ignoring Processor for Driver Updates.

SUchi8
Beginner

Intel seems to have ignored my processor in many Graphics driver updates. Why is this? I have a Dell Latitude 3379 with Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6200U CPU @ 2.30GHz. Intel shows that drivers are compatible for Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6200U Processor (3M Cache, up to 2.80 GHz). My processor clearly falls into that range. So why doesn't Intel DSA or Dell Support Assist recognize these updates?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AlHill
Super User

IDSA is intended for Intel boards/systems. There is an exclusion list you should read;

As for Dell's support assist, ask DELL.

Also, there is nothing stopping you from manually downloading and installing an update, except perhaps dell.

Doc

0 Kudos
SUchi8
Beginner

I have read the exclusion list. I can't find anything that can conflict there. I have another Dell Latitude 3379 and recently it automatically downloaded and installed a driver that was released in December 2019!

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

You should be using the dell tool. And, again, there is nothing stopping you from manually installing the Intel generic driver. If you can get a dch driver from dell, and install it, then you should be able to use the latest intel generic driver and keep the dell customizations. Remember, it is dell that places restrictions on the driver you install.

Or, if you do not care about the dell customizations, manually install the latest DCH graphics driver and be done with it.

Doc

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Is your warranty still alive? If not, you can bet that Dell has dropped support for your system like a hot potato and is not providing *any* subsequent updates. They are slimy that way.

...S

0 Kudos
SUchi8
Beginner

Yup. It is expired. But I am still getting other intel updates via dell.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Yea, but only those that are in common with products still being supported.

...S

0 Kudos