Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Intel Integrated Graphics not working after disconnecting external monitor

hpmain
Novice

I've been experiencing this issue for months, although I thought I solved it a month ago. I reinstalled Windows 10 and that seemed to fix the issue... Until I unplugged my external monitor. Now I keep experiencing graphical issues, namely most animations are replaced by black boxes and videos have no 'video'.

Issues are fixed somewhat by disabling and reenabling my Intel Integrated HD Graphics 630 driver, but most of the problems still occur.

I really don't want to have to reinstall my operating system every time I disconnect my monitor.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Jose_V_Intel

Hello hpmain,

Thank you for posting on the Intel Community. 

Based on the information that you provided and in order to better understand your issue please provide the following information: 

• It is important to know that is recommended to use the original equipment manufacturer drivers since they are the ones who build your system and know the components and the structure they have, also they release firmwares, patches and drivers for every system to work correctly, the ones from Intel are the generic ones.

• I notice that you are using NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050, this means you are using hybrid graphics. I recommend you to disable one graphics controller and test one by one to isolate the issue, in that way we can know if this could be related to some Intel drivers. ( make sure to have up to date Intel drivers before to perform this step )

• If the issue persists. confirm if it happens with the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter.

• Verify all pending Windows updates, currently, I checked you have the Build 18363 and the latest is 19042 with the version 20H2.

• Double-check you have the recommended resolution for your system. You can use the Intel® Graphics Command Center to check those settings.

We will be waiting for your answers.

Regards.

Jose V.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AlHill
Super User

So the Intel support engineers can have more information about your system, Download, run, and save the results of this utility as a text file:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Then ATTACH the text file using the instructions under the reply window ( Drag and drop here or browse files to attach ).

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

0 Kudos
hpmain
Novice

Sorry, forgot to include that.

0 Kudos
Jose_V_Intel

Hello hpmain,

Thank you for posting on the Intel Community. 

Based on the information that you provided and in order to better understand your issue please provide the following information: 

• It is important to know that is recommended to use the original equipment manufacturer drivers since they are the ones who build your system and know the components and the structure they have, also they release firmwares, patches and drivers for every system to work correctly, the ones from Intel are the generic ones.

• I notice that you are using NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050, this means you are using hybrid graphics. I recommend you to disable one graphics controller and test one by one to isolate the issue, in that way we can know if this could be related to some Intel drivers. ( make sure to have up to date Intel drivers before to perform this step )

• If the issue persists. confirm if it happens with the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter.

• Verify all pending Windows updates, currently, I checked you have the Build 18363 and the latest is 19042 with the version 20H2.

• Double-check you have the recommended resolution for your system. You can use the Intel® Graphics Command Center to check those settings.

We will be waiting for your answers.

Regards.

Jose V.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
hpmain
Novice

The clean instal seemed to have worked, I guess all my prior installations were dirty and unclean. However, when I boot up my computer, The Dell BIOS tells me that the system memory has changed, although this was happening occasionally before, and it hasn't caused any problems yet.

Thanks for the help.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

If it is telling you that your system memory (size) has changed, this means that one or more of your DIMMs is failing. You will likely need to replace it.

...S

0 Kudos