Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Intel Iris Plus Graphics Driver causes flickering on DELL XPS laptop

ArunVL
Beginner

Hi,

I have a brand new DELL XPS 9310 laptop and facing an issue with the display. 

Configuration: i7 11th gen processor with 16 gb ram and a touch display on win 10 pro.

The issue first observed when playing a movie in Netflix app. The app crashes  in 2 minutes, screen blinks and black out few times by its own when the movie is paused (static screen). App work perfectly for hours if the movie is playing. Tested the same with Amazon prime app and the results are same.  

Worked with the DELL support, checked the hardware (no issues found),updated the drivers, BIOS, all the drivers but nothing helped. Even did a clean install of Windows from the factory image and updated everything again but the issue persists. 

Tried to run some games to see the performance and the app crashed in 5 minutes (three times).

Another observation: Last month I bought pervious version of DELL, XPS 7310 , intel i7 10th gen with 8 GB ram and I could play the same game without any issues (Intel UHD Graphics), later decided to upgrade to 11 gen version and bought this 9310 laptop (Intel Iris Xe Graphics).

when checked in the event log, there is a lot of warnings with the message "Display driver igfxn stopped responding and has successfully recovered."  Most of these issues occur when display intense programs are running (games or streaming apps)

I believe this is with the display driver for new Xe graphics . Please assist to get rid of this issue.

Display driver details:

Driver provider: intel (01/08/2021)

Version: 27.20.100.9168

Digital signature: Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher

Thanks!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @ArunVL

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We found that you have an internal open case describing the same issue and the same hardware/software environment as the one in this thread. Since Intel® Customer Support is already assisting you through the internal case, to avoid duplication of effort we will close this thread now and the support will continue through the internal case.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

ArunVL
Beginner

Thanks , I was working with a support engineer  over chat session.

0 Kudos