Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20620 Discussions

Intel Iris Plus Graphics - multiple dual monitor problems

Kokuko
Beginner

I haven't been able to set up a multiple monitor display with my laptop.

I have the following setup: HP ENVY 17-cg008ca FHD Laptop comes with Nividia GeForce MX330 and also Intel Iris Plus Graphics the monitors are running off the Intel Iris Plus Graphics I have the laptop running through an HP Thunderbolt Dock 120W G2, that has two (2) DVI ports in the back.

I have two (2) Samsung S27D850 monitors attached to the Dock by DVI cables. All monitors have been tested and swapped individually. All cables have been tested and swapped individually.

Here's what happens. The monitors are recognized by the Intel Iris Plus Graphics Card. So the monitors are running off the Intel, and I can get any combination of one monitor and/or the laptop screen, however the 2nd monitor continually is in "Disconnect this display" option mode.

Even when I attempt to change the option for the 2nd monitor, it will not change. I've ran the options so that the laptop screen is on Disconnect, so I'm running solely off one Samsung monitor, but when I try to extend the display to the 2nd monitor, the 2nd monitor still stays on "Disconnect this Display".

If I unplug the monitor that is working from the Dock, the 2nd monitor will actually start up, and the Intel will start up what was the 2nd monitor, now as the 1st monitor.

The Intel can see both monitors, but I just cannot get the 2nd monitor off of "Disconnect this display" menu option.

I've tried both the Windows 10 Display Settings, Intel Iris Graphics Control Panel, Intel Graphics Command Centre (which does not have a multiple display option, even though it sees all 3 screens), and also the Nividia Control Panel to try to get the desktop to either extend, clone, and just be Active, but all permutations and combinations did not change alter the setting "Disconnect this display" on the 2nd monitor.

If anyone has any experience with this I could really use some help.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello Kokuko,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

Based on the scenario that you are experiencing and to better assist you please provide the following reports and information to continue.

- DXDIAG

•          Go to Start > Run or Windows Key + R.

•          On the Run prompt, type "dxdiag" then click OK.

•          On the DirectX Diagnostic Tool window, click on Save All Information.

•          Browse to a folder, type in a filename then click Save.

Use the option under the reply window to attach the report to the thread (Drag and drop here or browse files to attach). 

- Intel® Graphics report

With both displays connected to the laptop get the following report and attach it to your next response.

Instructions link:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005848/graphics.html

- Are you trying to have a three monitor setup (laptop screen + two monitors) or a dual monitor setup (One monitor through DVI + One monitor through DVI)?

- Could you please provide a video or some pictures showing this behavior?

- Are you able to connect the two monitors to your laptop by using a straight-through connection (HDMI-to-HDMI, DVI-to-DVI) without using a docking station?

- Did you make sure the docking station you are currently using has the latest firmware?

- Have you tested another dock?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Victor G.

Intel Technical Support Technician  

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello Kokuko,

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Please let me know if you need further assistance.  

Best regards,

Victor G. 

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello Kokuko,

We have not heard back from you.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Victor G. 

0 Kudos