Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20963 Discussions

Intel Iris Xe Graphics unable to set 3440x1440 on Lenovo thinkpad p14s gen3

Fernando85
Novice

Good morning!

Currently, I have a Lenovo Thinkpad P14s Gen3 and a Benq Mobiuz EX3410R monitor. This monitor has a resolution of 3440x1440, but in the Windows 11 settings, I can only select 2560x1080, which is not the most suitable resolution to fully utilize the capabilities of this monitor. Before using it with this new Lenovo, I used it with another Lenovo Thinkpad E490 without any issues. Based on the specifications of Intel Iris Xe Graphics, it should support the desired resolution. Currently, I have the monitor connected to the HDMI port. Could you please help me achieve the resolution of 3440x1440?

I Attach ssu and dxdiag reports.

Thank you very much!

Fernando.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Fernando85,

Thanks for the information provided.

Based on your issue, we recommend you install the latest Graphics Driver from Lenovo. Checking the Lenovo Website, the latest Driver available is driver 31.0.101.2114. There are two types of drivers, generics provided by Intel and Equipment Manufacturer drivers, that are customized to work with each specific system. The best thing to do is to use the drivers provided by the system manufacturer (OEM). We recommend you install the latest Lenovo Driver by performing a clean driver installation.

The system reports you shared show that the BIOS version installed on your system is the 1.30 version. The latest version is 1.34. We recommend you update the BIOS since it is always recommended to keep your system up to date. If you need further instruction on how to update the BIOS, you should reach out to Lenovo Support.

Best regards

Jean O.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Fernando85,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. We would be more than glad to help you with your issue.

To better assist you, we would like to confirm the following information:

• Is this issue present since day one?
  • Are you using any type of adapter between the monitor and the PC?
  • Have you tried using another video cable or port?
  • If you use another display (monitor or TV.) do you have a similar issue? We understand that it would be hard to try another display with the same resolution; however, we would like to confirm if you can select the native resolution on other displays.
  • Your device has hybrid graphics, Intel Iris Xe, and NVIDIA T550. Does the issue persist if you disable the Nvidia card and only use the Intel Iris Xe Graphics adapter?

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Fernando85
Novice

Hi Jean !

Thanks for help me with this problem. I answer you the questions you did before:

• Is this issue present since day one?

Yes, since the first time i connect the monitor to laptop.

• Are you using any type of adapter between the monitor and the PC?

No, The monitor is connected directly to the hdmi laptop port.

• Have you tried using another video cable or port?

I tried another 3 hdmi cables and i have got same result. The laptop have only one hdmi port.

• If you use another display (monitor or TV.) do you have a similar issue? We understand that it would be hard to try another display with the same resolution; however, we would like to confirm if you can select the native resolution on other displays.

Obviously I don't have another monitor with a 3440x1440 resolution at home. I can't perform this test. But the monitor worked perfectly fine on my old Lenovo. In fact, I just tried connecting it again and verified that it indeed continues to work perfectly at that resolution on the previous Lenovo.

• Your device has hybrid graphics, Intel Iris Xe, and NVIDIA T550. Does the issue persist if you disable the Nvidia card and only use the Intel Iris Xe Graphics adapter?

I have disabled the Nvidia card, but it hasn't worked. The issue remains the same.

I have reinstalled the drivers for Benq and the drivers for Intel Iris Xe, but neither of them has worked.

Do you have any other ideas that i can try?

Fernando

0 Kudos
Fernando85
Novice

Hello Jean !

I just tried connecting my laptop to a friend's 4K TV (3840x2160) and I was able to select the native resolution. However, it's important to note that it was not the same resolution or aspect ratio. My friend's TV was 16:9, while my Benq monitor is 21:9. Nevertheless, I performed this test in case it is helpful.

Many thanks !

Fernando

0 Kudos
Fernando85
Novice

Hi Jean !

Another update.

I have tried unplugging all the peripherals from the laptop and leaving only the Benq monitor connected. In this state, I disabled the integrated laptop screen, making the Benq monitor the unique video output, but it didn't change anything.

Thanks !

Fernando.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Fernando85,

Thanks for the information provided.

Based on your issue, we recommend you install the latest Graphics Driver from Lenovo. Checking the Lenovo Website, the latest Driver available is driver 31.0.101.2114. There are two types of drivers, generics provided by Intel and Equipment Manufacturer drivers, that are customized to work with each specific system. The best thing to do is to use the drivers provided by the system manufacturer (OEM). We recommend you install the latest Lenovo Driver by performing a clean driver installation.

The system reports you shared show that the BIOS version installed on your system is the 1.30 version. The latest version is 1.34. We recommend you update the BIOS since it is always recommended to keep your system up to date. If you need further instruction on how to update the BIOS, you should reach out to Lenovo Support.

Best regards

Jean O.

Fernando85
Novice

Hi Jean !

Good news! I have updated the graphics drivers and Lenovo BIOS drivers as you recommended, and that has resolved the issue. I can now adjust the resolution of the Benq monitor to native 3440x1440.

Thank you very much for all the help !

Regards!

Fernando

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Fernando85,

We're glad to know the information helped. Hopefully, it will help other community members. Since the thread is now solved, we will close it. If you need additional information, please submit a new question since this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos