Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20500 Discussions

Intel Iris Xe Graphics

Sshrut
Beginner

Hey all, I had the Intel core I-7 processor of 11th gen. and Intel IRIS Xe Graphics. The problem is that I can't see the graphics properties after right-clicking on Desktop. I had gone through different solutions available online but none of them worked. (I had tried to update the driver using device manager and I had tried adding key to registry key). 

The MAIN PROBLEM IS: 

I want to turn off Intel's "Display Power Saving Technology". The problem with this feature is to reduce power usage by reducing brightness when you look at dark images (which ostensibly would not need to be backlit so much). This technology detects whether the screen is displaying a mostly dark or mostly light image, and adjusts the backlight accordingly.

If I go to Intel Graphics Command center>>System>>Power 

There is no option of display power-saving tech. or anything else. It's just showing me 6 fields. 1) laptop battery 2)charge rate 3)Design capacity 4)Full charge capacity 5) remaining charge cap. 6)Battery status 

0 Kudos
8 Replies
AlHill
Super User

The context menu was removed when Intel went to DCH drivers at the request of Microsoft.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Windows 11 is the new Vista]

0 Kudos
Sshrut
Beginner

I want to turn off Intel's "Display Power Saving Technology". The main problem with this feature is to reduce power usage by reducing brightness when you look at dark images (which ostensibly would not need to be backlit so much). This technology detects whether the screen is displaying a mostly dark or mostly light image, and adjusts the backlight accordingly.

If I go to Intel Graphics Command center>>System>>Power 

There is no option of display power-saving tech. or anything else. It's just showing me 6 fields. 1) laptop battery 2)charge rate 3)Design capacity 4)Full charge capacity 5) remaining charge cap. 6)Battery status 

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello @Sshrut

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In order to review further regarding your inquiry about the feature "Display Power Savings", could you please provide us with the following information?

1- Did this feature work fine before and were you able to find it in the Intel® Graphics Command Center? If this worked before, were there any recent Hardware or Software changes that may related to the point when the behavior started? (Windows*, Driver, App or BIOS updates?).

2-Report for Intel® Graphics Drivers following the steps on the link.

3- Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.

• Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer
  • Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  • To save your scan, click Next and click Save.
  • Once you have saved the file (.txt file), please attach it to your reply.

To upload and attach a file, use the "Drag and drop here or browse files to attach" option below the response textbox.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Sshrut
Beginner

1) I had purchased a new laptop last Friday and there was no feature of display power settings in that.

I had sent the requested files in a private message.

-Sshrut

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello Sshrut

Thank you for your response. We were able to gather the reports from the private message.

Please allow us to review this further and we will be posting back in the thread as soon as more details are available.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello Sshrut

After checking this further, in the Intel® Graphics Command Center the feature "Display Power Savings" may not be available in some laptops due to Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) general customizations.

Based on the Intel® SSU report, we noticed that the system is not running the latest version of the Operating System (OS), and also, it is running the Intel® generic graphics driver.

We recommend updating the OS to the latest version and make sure there are no pending updates (e.g.: BIOS, firmware, drivers, etc.).

Also, we recommend installing the customized graphics driver from Dell* Version 27.20.100.9749, A08. This is since the driver or software for your Intel® component might have been changed or replaced by the computer manufacturer and OEM drivers are handpicked and include customized features and solutions to platform-specific issues. 

To uninstall the Intel® generic driver, please follow the steps in this article Uninstalling the Intel Graphics Driver via the Device Manager Method and then restart the system and proceed to install the customized driver from Dell*.

If the behavior persists and the feature is still not available, our recommendation is to address this behavior to Dell* Support.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello Sshrut

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you were able to review our previous post. Is the feature "Display Power Savings" still missing from Intel® Graphics Command Center? If yes, were you able to check this with your OEM Dell*?

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello Sshrut

We have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos