Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20948 Discussions

Intel Iris Xe Graphics

ayalci
Novice

Hello All,

I use a Lenovo ThinkPad X1 which has an Intel Iris Xe Graphics Adapter. I connect my computer to an external monitor (Lenovo ThinkVision) without a problem and my screen is extended or doubled successfully. But when I try to connect my computer to a projector (Viewsonic), the projector says, "out of range" and does not show anything. I tried every resolution setting available on my computer without any success. Then, upon searching the problem on the internet, I found a page recommending checking the refresh rate. I found out that the refresh rate of my graphics card is 60.026 Hz. I guess it should be exactly 60 Hz. I wonder if this is the problem with the projector. First, is that right? And if so, how can I resolve the issue? Is there a way to have the graphics adapter to work at 60 Hz exact. I added the screenshot of the advanced display settings page below. Thanks in advance. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ayalci
Novice

Thanks again Deivid.

I mingled through the menus for a while more and found how to set the input refresh rate of the projector itself. And that solved my problem. I appreciate the help, have a nice day... 

Regards,

Alpin

View solution in original post

5 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello ayalci,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics.   

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. Based on your picture, are you able to select a different refresh rate when you click on the option "Refresh Rate"?

2. Did you update to the latest driver from Lenovo or Intel?

3. How are you connecting the laptop to the projector?

4. Are you using adapters?

5. Since you have a Lenovo laptop, have you reported this issue to Lenovo?

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
ayalci
Novice

Hi @DeividA_Intel. Thanks for the response. Here are my replies to your questions:

1. No, the drop-down list does not show any other refresh rate values. Just 60.026 Hz

2. Yes, I downloaded and installed the latest Intel driver. 

3. I am connecting my laptop to the projector via an HDMI cable. 

4. No I am not.

5. Not yet, but I will, thanks... 

My problem still present. I would be happy to hear your further recommendations.

Regards,

Alpin  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello ayalci, 

Thanks for the information provided. Based on your scenario I recommend you try the following:

1. Try with a different HDMI cable.

2. As a test, try a clean installation of the graphics Intel driver:

3. Check with the projector manufacturer for firmware updates.

4. Check with the laptop manufacturer to confirm that there are no compatibility issues or if the issue is the frequency.

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
ayalci
Novice

Thanks again Deivid.

I mingled through the menus for a while more and found how to set the input refresh rate of the projector itself. And that solved my problem. I appreciate the help, have a nice day... 

Regards,

Alpin

DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello ayalci, 

I am glad to know that you found a solution to the issue. I will proceed to close this thread since you found the solution. However, you can open a new one in case you need further support or if you face any issues with our products.

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos