Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Intel Iris Xe Update / Issues

peter_hendrix
New Contributor I

Hi,

I have bought a brand-new Dell XPS-13 2-in-1 with an 11th gen i7 processor and Iris Xe graphics.

Some programs are unusable because of buggy drivers. A solution can be found at https://support.logos.com/hc/en-us/articles/360052821231-Display-problems-on-11th-gen-Intel-processors-with-Iris-Xe

I do not use Logos, but experience the same problem with OutSystems Service Studio.
The problem is 100% reproducible. Can you please solve this quickly? 🙂

Kind regards,
Peter.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello peter_hendrix, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

In order to better assist you, please provide the following: 

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system. 

• Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer 
  • Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View". 
  • To save your scan, click Next and click Save

2. Provide the Report for Intel® Graphics Drivers, follow this link.  

I will send you an e-mail to the e-mail address associated with your community profile. Please reply to the email in order to provide us with the report(s) to avoid exposing sensitive information in the communities. 

3. Can you explain in more detail what do you mean by "buggy drivers"? What are the symptoms of the issue? You mentioned it is reproducible, can you provide the steps to reproduce it? 

4. Just to confirm, the issue disappears if you disable hardware acceleration as per the link you provided, is that correct? 

Regards, 

Sebastian M  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
peter_hendrix
New Contributor I

1) Done.

2) Done.

3) When running OutSystems Service Studio, text does not appear where it should while connecting to an environment. Steps to reproduce:

1. Download and install OutSystems Service Studio 11 at https://www.outsystems.com/downloads/ (The development environment). It is free and you can trust it.
  2. After starting you should see something like Screenshot_1.png but in my case I see something like Screenshot_2.png.
  3. Execute the fix as stated in the link https://support.logos.com/hc/en-us/articles/360052821231-Display-problems-on-11th-gen-Intel-processors-with-Iris-Xe
  4. Restart OutSystems Service Studio
  5. All works well 🙂

Regarding step b., sometimes the screen is displayed properly, but it is still impossible to type something because the screen it not updating.

4) Yes. When re-enabling hardware acceleration everything goes to the sharks again (Dutch saying)

As you stated, 100% reproducible on my XPS-13, even with different screen configurations.

Kind regards,
Peter.

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello peter_hendrix,  

Thank you for your reply. 

Please allow us to investigate this behavior internally. Once we have an update, we will post it on this thread.  

Regards,  

Sebastian M   

David_G_Intel

Hello @peter_hendrix

Thank you for patiently waiting,

This has been reported as a known issue under bug ID 14013495954 and 14013495876 (it affects different apps). We cannot provide an ETA for a fix yet, but rest assured that we are working on it.

Let us know if we can close this thread, to avoid duplicate requests since the issue is being worked on right now.

Regards,  

David G.

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Hello peter_hendrix

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let us know if you still need assistance.   

Best regards,  

David G.   

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
peter_hendrix
New Contributor I
Sorry, missed it.
No problem, now that it is on your radar feel free to close this thread.
0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

peter_hendrix, Thank you very much for your response.

Perfect, we will proceed to close the case.

Any other inquiries, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
peter_hendrix
New Contributor I

@Alberto_Sykes and @David_G_Intel and @Sebastian_M_Intel 

Can you please explain why Windows wants to update my video-drivers to an older version (see attachement)?

0 Kudos
Bryce_Intel

Hey @peter_hendrix 

Windows Update (WU) has a list of drivers uploaded from the OEM for each of their platforms. This driver is considered the most stable since it's been validated for the specific PC model.

Our graphics drivers on our Intel website are all generic drivers, and haven't been validated for specific PCs, so if there's something specific about a PC that an OEM customizes to fix or a feature to enable, the Intel driver may not be the best version for that PC.

WU considers the OEM drivers better than the Intel generic driver and even if it's older, will install the OEM driver when it becomes available. To resolve this, simply reinstall the Intel generic back over the WU driver (don't uninstall!) and Windows will see the WU driver was already installed before and won't attempt to reinstall it. You'll have to do this each time a new OEM driver is uploaded to WU, but they don't do it that often, so you shouldn't run into this much. Hope this helps!

.:Bryce:.

0 Kudos