Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20498 Discussions

Intel Iris Xe graphic display issue

AmirJr
Beginner

Hi
I have IdeaPad Gaming 3-15IHU6 with I5-11300h process.
When i turn on my laptop everything load perfectly but when i restart laptop it show flaky screen for 3 , 4 seconds then it load windows.
what should i do?

0 Kudos
15 Replies
Jean_Intel

Hello AmirJr,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.  

To have a better understanding of your issue, please provide me with the following:

• When did the issue start?
  • Do you recall any major hardware or software change before the issue started?
  • Is the issue only present when you restart your monitor?
  • Is there any other graphics issue once Windows is fully loaded?
  • Create a report using the Intel®️ System Support Utility (Intel®️ SSU)  

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
AmirJr
Beginner

Thanks for your response.

I answer your questions one by one.

• When did the issue start? 

Answer: Ever since I sent the laptop to the warranty company for a BIOS problem and they installed new Windows on it.
This problem did not exist before sending the laptop to the warranty company. (*After receiving the laptop from the warranty company, I changed Windows again from windows 10 pro to windows 10 enterprise, but still the problem was not solved.)

• Do you recall any major hardware or software change before the issue started?

Answer: No. I just updated my GTX 1650 graphics card driver and there was no problem.

• Is the issue only present when you restart your monitor?

Answer: Yes. This only happens when I restart the laptop.

• Is there any other graphics issue once Windows is fully loaded?

Answer: No. I have not seen any problems so far.

I attach the Intel SSU report below.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello AmirJr,

Thanks for your response, the information provided has been helpful.

I will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details. 

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello AmirJr,

Thanks for waiting for a response.

I have some information to confirm and suggestions to offer. Please, check the information below:

• Can you confirm if the same issue happens with the Microsoft display adapter driver? The Microsoft Basic Display Adapter should appear once you delete all the drivers installed on the system.
  • If you connect an external monitor and disable the built-in display, do you see the same issue on the external (secondary) monitor?
  • Have you gone back to the warranty people regarding this issue, as this did not happen before until they fixed the BIOS issue?
  • I also notice that the Windows version you are running is not the latest. Please, update your operating system and install the latest build 19044.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
AmirJr
Beginner

Hello Sir,

I completely deleted the Intel graphics driver, so that it showed the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter in the Device Manager section, and I no longer had a screen problem after the restart.
There seems to be a problem with the Intel graphics card driver or its incompatibility with other drivers.
I did not continue the cases because it seems that the main problem has been found.
Let me know if I need to do more.
What should I do to solve this problem?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
AmirJr
Beginner
Hi,
I still waiting for your answer sir 🙂 !!
0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello AmirJr,

This time I would suggest a clean installation of the latest Intel Driver. Keep in mind that there are two different types of drivers, generics provided by Intel and Equipment Manufacturer drivers, that are customized to work with each specific system. The best thing to do is to use the drivers provided by the system manufacturer (OEM) website. If you want to continue, please follow the steps listed below:

1. Download the latest DCH drivers and save them on the computer: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19344/intel-graphics-windows-dch-drivers.html

2. Disconnect from the Internet, so no new drivers are automatically installed by Windows Update. 

3. Uninstall the driver and the Intel Graphics Command Center and driver from Apps and Features. 

4. Restart the computer. 

5. Confirm in Device Manager > Video Adapters that the controller is listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter' > if not, repeat steps 2 through 4. 

6. If the adapter continues to be listed as ‘Intel HD Graphics’ or similar, and no other Intel Graphics driver is listed under 'Apps and Features' for removal, then it means Windows has switched to a previously installed Legacy driver. At this point we can remove Legacy drivers from Device Manager: 

1. Right-click on 'Intel HD Graphics' or similar, and select 'Uninstall Device' 

2. In the pop-up window make sure 'Delete the driver software for this device' is checked. 

3. Click on 'Uninstall'. 

4. Restart. (Repeat steps 6.1.1 through 6.1.4 until the device gets listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter') 

7. Install the DCH drivers that were downloaded in step 1 Restart the computer. 

Reconnect to the Internet. 

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
AmirJr
Beginner

Hello Sir,

I did everything you said:

1. I disconnected from the internet.

2. I removed the Intel driver from Device Manager and 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter' was displayed in the Display adapters section.

3. I removed the 'Intel Graphics Command Center' in Apps and Features.

* But there was a program called 'Intel (R) Graphics Driver Software' where the uninstall button was gray and could not be removed, i checked Program and Features in Control Panel but there was no 'Intel(R) Graphics Driver Sofware' (I put the image below).

4. I restarted the laptop.

5. I installed the driver you mentioned at the beginning.

6. I restarted the laptop but my problem was not solved😞

The snowflake was displayed again at the beginning of the restart.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello @SelenaValasquez,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.  

Please submit a new question on the Nuc community forums, and provide a detailed explanation of the situation to have a more personalized troubleshooting step for your issue. If you'd like, you can try my suggestions from this thread.

Best Regards,

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello AmirJr,

Thanks for your response. I am sorry to hear that the issue persists.

Please update your operating system. Keep in mind that the latest drivers are optimized for the latest Operating system build. You may face some issues using a previous build. It also may help us discard the possibility.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello AmirJr,

I hope you are doing fine.

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
AmirJr
Beginner

Hello Sir,

Sorry for the delay in responding

I Installed 'Windows 10 Enterprise, Version: 21H2, OS Build: 19044.1706' but I still have the same screen problem!!
I'm very sad. Does this problem cause serious damage?
I hope you find a solution to this problem.
Ty

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello AmirJr,

My recommendation this time is to try contacting Lenovo for further support. The issue seems to be related to hardware. Since the problem started after you sent the unit to the warranty center, I suspect that the system got damaged on the way. Please, contact Lenovo so they can perform a hardware inspection on your unit.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
AmirJr
Beginner

Hello Jean_Intel,

Thank you for your help and guidance. ❤️
I will inform the warranty company about this problem and I hope they will solve my problem.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello AmirJr,

Thanks for your response.

I am glad to know the information helped. Hopefully, it will help other community members. Since the thread is now solved, I will close it. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos