Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20724 Discussions

Intel Iris xe graphics fps problem

iagminary
Novice

Hi,

i wanted to play a mediocare game which doesn't require powerful machine. Euro Truck simulator 2....I am getting 16-20 FPS with low settings. I am switching the graphics drivers from 30.0.101.1960-30.0.101.5074- i31.0.1014972....I have even updated it to the latest version v30.1.101.5081 but i am not experiencing any improvement as far as ETS2 is concerned.

Processor: 11th Gen Intel R Core i5-1135g7 @ 2.40 Ghz(8cpus)-2.4 ghz

memory: 16gb Ram

SSD: 500 Gb

AMD, Nvidia are miles a ahead of perfomance for gaming. I thought i wanted somethings lightweight laptop that can offers a decent perfomance.

Could you please update the graphics and you adjust the perfomance of ets2? Or COuld anyone try to test the game with this graphics?

I am completely uttered to see my money wasted.....

@Alberto_R_Intel 

@DeividA_Intel @Hugo_Intel 

0 Kudos
12 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Did you check the game requirements BEFORE you purchased the laptop?

https://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/requirements/euro-truck-simulator-2/11492

https://www.pcgamebenchmark.com/euro-truck-simulator-2-system-requirements

And, from https://store.steampowered.com/app/227300/Euro_Truck_Simulator_2/

System Requirements

Windows
macOS
SteamOS + Linux

Minimum:
    • OS *: Windows 7
    • Processor: Intel Core i5-6400 or AMD Ryzen 3 1200 or similar
    • Memory: 8 GB RAM
    • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 or AMD Radeon RX 460 or Intel HD 630 (2GB VRAM)
    • Hard Drive: 25 GB available space (Euro Truck Simulator 2 base game)
Recommended:
    • OS *: Windows 7/8.1/10 64-bit
    • Processor: Intel Core i5-9600 or AMD Ryzen 5 3600 or similar
    • Memory: 12 GB RAM
    • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 or AMD Radeon RX 590 (2GB VRAM)
    • Hard Drive: 25 GB available space (Euro Truck Simulator 2 base game)

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

iagminary
Novice

I thought expensive laptops which runs intel IRis xe graphics (1600 Euro) should be able to run basic games like ets2. I am not expecting to play on it cyberpunk 2077, THe last of Us, Starfield, Forza Horizon5.....I am trying to play it on something which old machines with NVidia or AMD can capable of executing the game in a brilliant perfomance. For ETS2 they updated recently their PC Miniumum Requirements....

Therefore, Something is wrong with Iris XE Graphics.....

0 Kudos
iagminary
Novice

To all Moderators, Intel Lab gamers, Quality Controller,

Please run this game in your Lab, Check if you could improve the poor Perfomance of the game....Please update the graphic driver.

Thanks so much,

Kind Regards,

Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello @iagminary

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.

We sincerely regret you are experiencing issues while playing Euro Truck Simulator 2 with Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics, we will be more than happy to assist you.

Please answer the following:

·      Was it working before?

·      Have you made any recent software change?

·      What is the game resolution and distribution platform?

We highly recommend downloading the latest driver 31.0.101.5081/31.0.101.5122. Before you install it, please check this: How to Use the Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) to Uninstall an Intel® Graphics Driver

Also, in order to have more information about your system, please download, install and run Intel® System Support Utility for Windows. Make sure you check “Everything” before you scan, then save the report and attach it to your response.

Then, please generate and attach the Report for Intel® Graphics Command Center

Best regards,

Jose B.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
iagminary
Novice

Hello @Jose_Intel ,

Thank you so much for trying to help me out but i have to tell you , the graphic needs to be tested in the Intel Lab...It needs Update...It needs somebody to run this game and figure out how problem with perfomance are being rendered by the Intel Iris Xe graphics.

I haven't made any sort of Software change. Machine is recently purchased.

The game resolution isn't to higher setting configured rather it all set to medium Resolution...Am using latest Intel driver r 31.0.101.5081/31.0.101.5122......

I attached all the game setting as a photo ...you can see all my settings....

I would like to make clear that, the game has got a lot of Aliasing issue and SCS team couln't able to solve Aliassing Issues so i am running somebody mod who has improved the aliasing issue...He told the people to disable all ingame SSAO, Antiliasing...As you can see, i disable all ingame SSAO and i am running his mod..

https://snowymoon.io/

Kind Regards,

0 Kudos
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello iagminary

Thank you for letting us know.

Since we have just released a new driver version, could you please repeat the clean installation process? 31.0.101.5084/31.0.101.5122

Also, from the report we noticed that the BIOS is not up to date. Please download the latest version from here: V1.11 (for further instructions with the installation, please contact the system manufacturer).

Best regards,

Jose B.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello iagminary, 

The purpose of this follow-up is to check if you were able to test with the new driver version 31.0.101.5084/31.0.101.5122. Please let me know if the issue persists or not.

I will be waiting for your response.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
iagminary
Novice

Hello @DeividA_Intel ,

I did exactly what @Jose_Intel has told me. I updated the bios into V1.11 with latest Graphic Update(31.0.101.5084).

I tested the perfomance again with low setting from the game but honestly, i am getting 20 FPS sometimes 18 FPS in driving Cities.

I would like to request you to let the team in charge of this Graphics issue to further assess and look at the perfomance. Its really terrible.

I am not the only having issues with Perfomance...Everyone in the Community are having problems with FPS regardless what game you play.

The graphic needs further Optimization, further Updates.

Just tell them to test more games with IRis Xe graphic and the customers are not happy at all.

Kind Regards,

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello iagminary

Thank you for the information provided 

I will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details. 

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello iagminary

Thank you for patiently waiting.

We already tested the game in our lab. We were able to play it for about 20 minutes with no issues at all. We installed the drivers 4972 and 5084, the game was stable at 60 FPS, with the iGPU only.

In this case we highly recommend checking with the game developers for more assistance.

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for understanding.

Best regards,

Jose B.

0 Kudos
ALAK
Beginner

bro they are so bad they dont give any help and they dont lesen to us they are bad and driver will be not be good soon XD and 2 years linux dont have fan speed control to cool gpu 

0 Kudos
iagminary
Novice

Hello @Jose_Intel @DeividA_Intel ,

So you were getting 60 FPS...Thats so amazing...Why on earth am i getting very bad Perfomance? WHat settings did you use? Does the machine match my match or you played with powerful machine installed intel Irs XE graphics?

What is wrong with my laptop? Whats the solution?

I need further Investigation, further Help, further Solution?

Best Regards,

0 Kudos