Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20596 Discussions

Intel Q45/ Q43 Display adapter: Is this ...?

RLafa1
Beginner

Intel Q45/ Q43 Display adapter:

Running WIN8.1, Pro; other specs of the computer: Intel Quad core 2, Quad CPU, Q9550 @2.83Ghz, 8gb ram, 64 bit.

I have a new Dell U2415 displayport monitor with 1.2 capability. I wish to daisy chain from the Dell to an Acer G226HQL monitor.

Is the graphics adapter certified to allow for this daisy chain setup? That is, Can graphics adapter support DPMST/ HBR2 (High Bit rate)

I can not seem to get a picture on the Acer, daisy chaining to the Dell and wonder if it is something I may have done incorrectly.

Can the issue be the ACER?

Please advise.

0 Kudos
16 Replies
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hello RJL24,

I am going to verify this information and I will be back as soon as possible.

Kevin m

0 Kudos
RLafa1
Beginner

Thank you. Looking forward to reading the results of your research.

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hello RJL24,

I am going to verify this information and I will be back as soon as possible.

Kevin m

0 Kudos
RLafa1
Beginner

Thank you. Looking forward to reading the results of your research.

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

@RJL24, the Q9550 CPU does not have integrated graphics. Are you certain that is the processor in your system? Could you please attach the DXDiag report to this thread.

Thanks

Robert

RLafa1
Beginner

"Intel Quad core 2, Quad CPU, Q9550 @2.83Ghz, 8gb ram, 64 bit."

I suspect this system does not support my Daisy chain needs.

Here is the DX diagnostic info on this system..

Thank you for your help.

Please advise..

RJL24

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hello RJL24,

Thank you for sharing this information. Based on the report you provided, this processor does not have onboard graphics so the configuration you are attempting will depend on the motherboard limitations o capabilities.

My recommendation at this point is to confirm with the motherboard manufacturer if it can support DPMST/ HBR2.

0 Kudos
RLafa1
Beginner

Thank you.

How do I find out about the motherboard and its manufacturer?

How do I confirm?

Cordially,

RJL

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

@ RJL24,

Your system is made by HP, the driver downloads for the system is here: http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=4065873&swLangOid=8&swEnvOid=4060 http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=4065873&swLangOid=8&swEnvOid=4060

However, HP does not list Windows 8.1 as a supported OS for your system. Additionally, HP list 5 possible graphics options for your system as follows:

That said, if your system did have the Intel Q43/Q45 graphics, it would not support daisy chaining of displays or have updated Intel graphics driver avail for it. Intel did not provide graphics drivers for the Q43 /Q45 graphics on Windows 8/8.1. Inbox drivers provided by Microsoft are the only available drivers for this combination.

Thanks

Robert

0 Kudos
RLafa1
Beginner

Thanks for a great explanation.

I'm not going to worry about Daisy chaining this configuration. Too complicated.

It works fine with 2 monitors normally connected: one via USB to HDMI, and the other via dvi to dvi.

Graphics are excellent this way.

Than you again.

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

@RJL24, the Q9550 CPU does not have integrated graphics. Are you certain that is the processor in your system? Could you please attach the DXDiag report to this thread.

Thanks

Robert

RLafa1
Beginner

"Intel Quad core 2, Quad CPU, Q9550 @2.83Ghz, 8gb ram, 64 bit."

I suspect this system does not support my Daisy chain needs.

Here is the DX diagnostic info on this system..

Thank you for your help.

Please advise..

RJL24

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hello RJL24,

Thank you for sharing this information. Based on the report you provided, this processor does not have onboard graphics so the configuration you are attempting will depend on the motherboard limitations o capabilities.

My recommendation at this point is to confirm with the motherboard manufacturer if it can support DPMST/ HBR2.

0 Kudos
RLafa1
Beginner

Thank you.

How do I find out about the motherboard and its manufacturer?

How do I confirm?

Cordially,

RJL

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

@ RJL24,

Your system is made by HP, the driver downloads for the system is here: http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=4065873&swLangOid=8&swEnvOid=4060 http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=4065873&swLangOid=8&swEnvOid=4060

However, HP does not list Windows 8.1 as a supported OS for your system. Additionally, HP list 5 possible graphics options for your system as follows:

That said, if your system did have the Intel Q43/Q45 graphics, it would not support daisy chaining of displays or have updated Intel graphics driver avail for it. Intel did not provide graphics drivers for the Q43 /Q45 graphics on Windows 8/8.1. Inbox drivers provided by Microsoft are the only available drivers for this combination.

Thanks

Robert

0 Kudos
RLafa1
Beginner

Thanks for a great explanation.

I'm not going to worry about Daisy chaining this configuration. Too complicated.

It works fine with 2 monitors normally connected: one via USB to HDMI, and the other via dvi to dvi.

Graphics are excellent this way.

Than you again.

0 Kudos