Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 Driver problems.

T11
Beginner

So apparently while trying to find drivers for other things ( Base system devices, basically nothing to help me identify the hardware ) using the "http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect Intel® Driver Update Utility", the system found an "Update" for my integrated video card, the Intel(r) HD Graphics 4000.

So using the link I downloaded this update, and now I'm unable to use it. It won't load the drivers giving the following problem:

"Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52)"

I've tried reinstalling, installing the drivers from different sources but to no avail. I was unable to rollback because during this update it deleted my old drivers for me to save me trouble. Thanks Intel!

So, does anyone have a clue or a solution to this problem?

P.S. Because of this issue I'm unable to use my other graphics card designed for gaming. I'm also unable to perform anything but the most basic programs. Dxdiag reveals nothing but N/A messages in the display tab. The laptop is a Lenovo IdeaPad Y580 with Windows 7 64Bit Ultimate.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
T11
Beginner

I've done this exact step and it's the reason I'm stuck in this situation. Every possible driver I've been able to find has exactly this same problem. It's like the only working driver was my old one.

0 Kudos